• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is something a little wrong with people in their 30s hanging around town with e-scooters.

Especially as the black e-scooters are all illegal out in the public. Yet there's hundreds of them buzzing about Southend, and some can go up to 50mph. All the black ones can go over 30mph. Only the orange ones are legal, with a licence and can be insured, as they have a top speed of 15.5mph. But must be only ridden in designated areas.

The total morons in the next road that have just let off 5 minutes worth of fireworks of industrial strength. What is the matter with these ****s, scaring the buggery out of animals.

My wife is in the opening stages of a diverticular attack and today she was prescribed antibiotics which toldher that she should not drink alcohol under any circumstances. So she will not be drinking for 7 days and it's only fair that I do the same to keep her company. It'll be a bummer if we lose on Saturday!

Russia again Ggrr. Building up a mass of weaponry, especially tanks on the Ukraine border. As usual, denying it, but it's clear for the world to see. I hope they don't try and swallow up Ukraine like they did the Crimea. They lied about that one as well, said they weren't going to annex Crimea, but they did. Ukraine is a much bigger fish to catch. Maybe the plan is to swallow up a country about every 8 years. The best hope is it's just a bit of bullying, flexing their muscle, to remind the Ukraine who's the boss in that region.

Russia again Ggrr. Building up a mass of weaponry, especially tanks on the Ukraine border. As usual, denying it, but it's clear for the world to see. I hope they don't try and swallow up Ukraine like they did the Crimea. They lied about that one as well, said they weren't going to annex Crimea, but they did. Ukraine is a much bigger fish to catch. Maybe the plan is to swallow up a country about every 8 years. The best hope is it's just a bit of bullying, flexing their muscle, to remind the Ukraine who's the boss in that region.
Of course, all those Nato troops on the Estonian and Latvian borders with Russia are just there for exercises so no comparison!

House move fell through again. Having been on the market since October 2019, we were expecting to exchange this week. Inexplicably the buyer at the bottom of the chain pulled out resulting in the vendor at the top of the chain putting his property back on the market.

This is the sixth person to pull out of this chain.

Seriously hacked off. You could build a football stadium quicker than this....

Parking in Leigh! Specifically the council car park at the rear of the old Police Station. Previously the charges were 20p for 30 minutes, 50p for an hour etc, now charges start at a pound. Good old Southend Council never miss a trick to **** shoppers off do they?

If you drive a leased, Range Rover, Porsche Cayenne or similar you are allowed to park on double yellow lines and disabled spaces in Leigh.

If you drive a leased, Range Rover, Porsche Cayenne or similar you are allowed to park on double yellow lines and disabled spaces in Leigh.

About 3 weeks ago in the 20 min car park outside Leigh station, i walked past a 4x4 Porsche parked on the double yellow nearest the station, which had a 'disabled' badge on the dashboard!.
Nothing wrong with that if genuine, but there was no-one within the station vicinity struggling to walk etc. Where would you go within 20 mins when parked there if registered disabled?.

House move fell through again. Having been on the market since October 2019, we were expecting to exchange this week. Inexplicably the buyer at the bottom of the chain pulled out resulting in the vendor at the top of the chain putting his property back on the market.

This is the sixth person to pull out of this chain.

Seriously hacked off. You could build a football stadium quicker than this....
The fall through rate at the moment is way higher than normal. Was it to do with the mortgage? We're finding that a lot of people are suddenly finding that mortgage companies aren't taking full wages into account if people have been furloughed, and furlough money means people can't get the mortgages they thought they could.

Can't anyone break chain?

My daughter's purchase fell through in Feb at the point of exchange, we found her another (better) house which is now due to exchange having been rushed through to keep the top of the chain in place. Fingers crossed for both of you.

We're finding that a lot of people are suddenly finding that mortgage companies aren't taking full wages into account if people have been furloughed, and furlough money means people can't get the mortgages they thought they could.

I remember when self certified mortgages disappeared a lot of self employed people suddenly found the cash they weren't declaring to the tax man didn't count as income when applying for a mortgage.

I joined Welcome Gym in the Victoria shopping centre.

The showers and changing rooms are spotless but the shower cubicles are just too small with no bench to put towel, clothes etc.

Still I have no commitment beyond this month so may give Simply Gym a go.

I joined Welcome Gym in the Victoria shopping centre.

The showers and changing rooms are spotless but the shower cubicles are just too small with no bench to put towel, clothes etc.

Still I have no commitment beyond this month so may give Simply Gym a go.
Are the showers in use? The changing rooms and showers are closed at my gym, which is annoying

Back