• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kev's taken people up to Potters today, no problem at petrol stations up that way - might be worth driving out a little way where people aren't so selfish and "topping" up (as so many interviewed seem to have said).

The wife has got so little in her tank that she can't even drive round Southend to try and find a petrol station. Looks like I'll be throwing a cab in the boot of my car and taking a drive

I think petrol stations should impose a temporary minimum charge of, say, £35. That way only people that need to fill up (as opposed to top up) will bother.

I've just driven down Eastwood Road North towards the A127 and the Esso garage there had a full forecourt, cars queueing to get in in front of me and more trying to turn in from the other way. Getting around the cars in my direction and then squeezing through the small gap left by the oncoming queue was interesting. Surely, they can't all want the Daily Mail?

Took one of the club boats out yesterday and we are pretty sure someone has helped themselves to some of the petrol used to refuel them...

I joined the petrol queue on Friday tea time at the BP Bournes Green. I get two cars away from the pump after over an hour queuing (Tight queues at each side of the pumps of course), the silly old codger(maybe a bit younger than me, Lol) is filling up his car, then two gas cans. He overfills a gas can and petrol squirts everywhere. Old codger says sorry, pays and drives off. We now try to get into pump number 2 lane. They won't let our lane in, and we had no room to reverse anyway. So we end up using the pump, and I now have my new birthday present trainers smelling of petrol, and my old banger(not the wife). Didn't want to be the one to put the sand down because of said new trainers. Might as well in the end.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a few deliveries which I've been tracking on line, just looked again and it's showing my item's will be delivered on a later date due to technical problems...... I'm guessing this is because of the petrol shortage.

The Murco garage at 5 Bells Basildon. A robbing ******* in normal times, now he has bumped up the prices by 5p a litre just to cash in. Its profiteering and he gets away with it everytime.
I filled up there about 11am, paid 139.9 per litre. That's 3p more than both Tesco by Thames Drive & B.P by Vic House corner.
Was only queuing for 15 mins .Came past Tesco by Thames Drive 1/2 hr ago, est at least 1/2 hr plus queues there.

Tesco on A127 was out today as was BP off Cherry Orchard Way. My local Jet station in Rochford, 130.7p, was packed out earlier with queues down Ashingdon Road to the station. Will likely be closed again later today.

The Murco garage at 5 Bells Basildon. A robbing ******* in normal times, now he has bumped up the prices by 5p a litre just to cash in. Its profiteering and he gets away with it everytime.

I would suggest that's more down to the supplier rather than the owner right now.

Why don't you report him? The fuel industry have regulations on pricing.

I ran past there last night about 20:30 and there must have been at least 50 cars waiting to get in. When I saw the price he was charging I did wonder if someone set up that little section as a motorway service station.

I think the kebab van must have been doing a roaring trade. People could join the back of the queue, ordered food and before they have got to the front of the queue they could have collected it and eaten it.

I saw a queue at the BP garage just past Stanford-le-Hope on the A13 for petrol on Saturday / Sunday that wasn't moving very fast. My first thought was I bet someone ordering a JustEast McDonalds is going to have a very long wait.

Last edited:
I rang past there last night about 20:30 and there must have been at least 50 cars waiting to get in. When I saw the price he was charging I did wonder if someone set up that little section as a motorway service station.
When i joined the queue at 10.50am today, i was about 12th in line. He told me he was getting another delivery tomorrow.
The 'Jet' petrol station in Stamford Le Hope, also got a delivery at lunchtime today.

Katie Price again, the silly old tart. She's on a driving ban, and not only drove, but rolled her car and is in hospital, and arrested for drink/drugs driving. As I know someone that lost a daughter due to a drink driver, I hope she finally gets put away. She's allegedly been on at least 6 holidays since her bankruptcy, and had costly beauty procedures. taking the mickey out of those she owes money to. The more she gets away with these things, the more she does it, it seems, like she's untouchable. If they let her off again, she will do it again, but next time she may kill, or put someone else in hospital.

Katie Price again, the silly old tart. She's on a driving ban, and not only drove, but rolled her car and is in hospital, and arrested for drink/drugs driving. As I know someone that lost a daughter due to a drink driver, I hope she finally gets put away. She's allegedly been on at least 6 holidays since her bankruptcy, and had costly beauty procedures. taking the mickey out of those she owes money to. The more she gets away with these things, the more she does it, it seems, like she's untouchable. If they let her off again, she will do it again, but next time she may kill, or put someone else in hospital.
I'm sure she'll write (have written for her) another book which will be sold to the many fans (although can't be that many left) of her who will read it and feel sorry for her and how bad she has had it.

I'm sure the judge will take into special consideration her celebrity status and will dish out a fine instead. They'll hold back the serious punishments for non celebrities and we'll be the ones who would get the full extent of the punishment as we're not in the press / glossy gossip magazines. Not that anyone of us would be drink / drug driving whilst disqualified in the first place mind.

Expect to see her on Loose Women pouring her heart out about it very soon.

When i joined the queue at 10.50am today, i was about 12th in line. He told me he was getting another delivery tomorrow.
The 'Jet' petrol station in Stamford Le Hope, also got a delivery at lunchtime today.
Mrs got lucky and topped at BP Eastwood Road as they re-opened yesterday evening. Just went past there and they are queuing to Progress Road blocking an ambulance on a call as well as the buses.
I'm now on fumes so car is parked up untill normality returns.

Mrs got lucky and topped at BP Eastwood Road as they re-opened yesterday evening. Just went past there and they are queuing to Progress Road blocking an ambulance on a call as well as the buses.
I'm now on fumes so car is parked up untill normality returns.

Footnote is there was a small queue and 10 minute wait on return journey. Managed to get a whole £8.33 in before the pump was empty.....you gotta laugh!

Footnote is there was a small queue and 10 minute wait on return journey. Managed to get a whole £8.33 in before the pump was empty.....you gotta laugh!
'Skin of your teeth' job!. The Murco one at 5 Bells yesterday hadn't imposed any limits, so as much as each individual wanted.

Back