• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Same over here in Kent; had to get to the local waste site this a.m. (something I couldn't put off, sadly) and what should have been a fifty minute round trip ended up taking over two hours. Planned the return journey to deliberately avoid gas stations which was a little longer distance-wise but if I hadn't I'd probably still be sitting in a frickin' queue somewhere now....

I drove up the A127 this morning as I needed Wickes. Get to the Weir and I couldn't turn left for the huge queue blocking up the slip road and then the main road leading to Sainsburys petrol station. It was alright though because they did all put their hazard lights on!!! Total ****ing selfish morons.
To be fair there is plenty of people who fill up at least twice a week for work purposes,needs must.

Petrol and all the mad ****ers emptying every station in town...Queues everywhere if they haven't already sold out.

Thank you media for creating another mad panic buying spree.

It's not the media's fault, they are just reporting what is happening. People are responsible for their own actions. We've seemingly learned nothing from last year about panic-buying.

You just know most of the codgers queueing for fuel have 3/4 tank already and do about 80 miles a month.
I must have picked a non old codgers day then. Nearly all in the queue were blokes in their 40s smoking roll-ups. At least Wickes was quiet as it was mid morning and all the geezers in vans were still waiting to get fuel.

It's not the media's fault, they are just reporting what is happening. People are responsible for their own actions. We've seemingly learned nothing from last year about panic-buying.
There’s no doubt the media have inflamed the situation, some of the headlines on the downmarket rags and the BBC / ITV reports have been far from accurate In their content.

Not ideal situation when you do a 100 mile round trip for work. Thankfully I fuelled up Wednesday and should last me until the week after next.

Not ideal situation when you do a 100 mile round trip for work. Thankfully I fuelled up Wednesday and should last me until the week after next.
Had to drive from Shoebury to Rayleigh Weir to get diesel for my taxi. I can see tomorrow being a total nightmare in the trade if this diesel shortage continues.

The traffic in Benfleet all week. With a burst water main at Tarpots at the start of the week, resulting in the junction being closed at the turning into Rushbottom Lane until Thursday afternoon, and then the petrol chaos today, even this evening, the High Road heading to Canvey was at a standstill and stretching all the way from St Mary's back to Jotmans. Still, I am sure we can cope with another 6000 new houses if the Council's Local Plan gets passed!!! :Angry:

Had to drive from Shoebury to Rayleigh Weir to get diesel for my taxi. I can see tomorrow being a total nightmare in the trade if this diesel shortage continues.
Kev's taken people up to Potters today, no problem at petrol stations up that way - might be worth driving out a little way where people aren't so selfish and out just "topping" up (as so many interviewed seem to have said).

Last edited:
On my way home from work last night I was shocked at 11pm to see a massive queue outside Texaco. This is a petrol station that is over priced and I usually see a maximum of 3 cars at the pumps whenever I drive past. There must’ve been about 50 odd cars all lined up to get fuel!

What is wrong with people.

On my way home from work last night I was shocked at 11pm to see a massive queue outside Texaco. This is a petrol station that is over priced and I usually see a maximum of 3 cars at the pumps whenever I drive past. There must’ve been about 50 odd cars all lined up to get fuel!

What is wrong with people.
dont-jump-jump.gif

The worst thing about it is for people who use a lot of fuel for commuting will now have to pay out more when the fuel companies raise their prices!

Unfortunately as much as I’d love to have an electric car for the range I need a Tesla is not currently in my price range.

Back