• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where did you buy the paint?!!!!!!!!!
Johnson's Paints outlet off Sutton Road.
Without a trade card or account I am aware it is the same price or dearer than the likes of B and Q but I go there as they showed, spend money for sponsorship of lower league cup footie, they pay staff reasonably, employees knowledge is good, it is not a HUGE conglomerate company, I can walk there and back with dog.

Johnson's Paints outlet off Sutton Road.
Without a trade card or account I am aware it is the same price or dearer than the likes of B and Q but I go there as they showed, spend money for sponsorship of lower league cup footie, they pay staff reasonably, employees knowledge is good, it is not a HUGE conglomerate company, I can walk there and back with dog.
Point taken, but the best paint outlet is in Blue House Farm at Pitsea. Very helpful and good prices.

Point taken, but the best paint outlet is in Blue House Farm at Pitsea. Very helpful and good prices.
Sometimes I use the Crown/Dulux Paint Decorating shop on the London Road near the Palace Theatre as I believe the brothers who own, run it are Shrimpers.
Pitsea would be a good hike from Westcliff!

It's 100% Badgers, as I watch them do it. I wish it was small Magpie holes. I can't leave a hole under the fence for them as the whole lawn will get dug up. They do large and very deep holes. There's also the danger that given a free reign, they will go really large and set up a Badgers set there. I have had foxes as well in the past, but they are more intelligent, and if you scare them, they dart out through the hole they came in. The Badgers panic and just go full felt at the fence and headbutt the bottom of a fence panel. The adults are really powerful. If they haven't burst through properly, they tear off the wood quickly with claws and teeth. Amazing to watch, but really annoying with the damage.
We regularly feed a family of 4. Fortunately their Sett is about 40-50 yds away, & they approach nightly through the open gardens at the back of our Flats, causing no damage.
As you say, they are very nervous & skittish, although built like a brick wall.
The oldest must be quite old, as he is really massive, & his black stripes have now turned grey, so much so we call him 'silverback'!. We watch them from our lounge window, & i leave a trail of food ( mainly shelled monkey nuts & sunflower seeds, which they go bonkers for! ), & are literally only about 6-8ft from them. They know we're there, & sometimes look up at us, but unless we make a sudden movement, they seem ok with us there.
We also have 2-3 Fox's onsite as well, they come out at the same time, but keep well away from the Badgers, a wise decision!.

Last edited:
SIXTY English pounds, £60 no less. I kid you not, for 5 lt tin of Johnson's water based white gloss.
Inflation gone potty!
And now I am going to be skirting board, picture rail and door sanding, not happy days ahead.

Also tried to buy some 8" under cabinet replacement tube light bulbs, in clear, no luck, merchants tell me they are on back order for months.

Did you try Celco London Road? I once got a tube bulb for someone there, that no one else had in stock...... 01702 348234.

So my friend told his 3 brothers that if tickets are reasonable, he will treat them to Arsenal v Spurs. He's Arsenal with 2 brothers, and 1 is Spurs. They originate from Islington. So he joins up as members to be able to get in the queue for tickets. An annoying cost of £136 @ £34 each member before you even start. He gets in queue at the start this morning. Loads of seats to choose from upper stand,(lower better seats probably all taken season tickets), but to his shock, the half decent ones are £164-90 each, the last few rows right at the back are East and West are £97 each(A terrible view he says, too far away from the pitch), and the cheapest anywhere are £84 right in the corner back few rows. He was willing to go up to £55 each cheapest seats. Arsenal have really taken the P with their prices. The football world has gone crazy. So much for the working mans game. £164-90 for an upper row seat.

So my friend told his 3 brothers that if tickets are reasonable, he will treat them to Arsenal v Spurs. He's Arsenal with 2 brothers, and 1 is Spurs. They originate from Islington. So he joins up as members to be able to get in the queue for tickets. An annoying cost of £136 @ £34 each member before you even start. He gets in queue at the start this morning. Loads of seats to choose from upper stand,(lower better seats probably all taken season tickets), but to his shock, the half decent ones are £164-90 each, the last few rows right at the back are East and West are £97 each(A terrible view he says, too far away from the pitch), and the cheapest anywhere are £84 right in the corner back few rows. He was willing to go up to £55 each cheapest seats. Arsenal have really taken the P with their prices. The football world has gone crazy. So much for the working mans game. £164-90 for an upper row seat.
Why not get your friend down to a Southend match?

He can experience the working mans game because most of our opponents have jobs outside of football.

Now TV internet. Has been down for most of the day, forcing me to utilise an internet connection elsewhere for work.

The so-called "Live Reporting" service for the England vs Hungary match on BBC's Football website, just so clunky. Other matches tonight are using the "Live Text" service which seems so much better imho.

Just accidently dropped my Fossil Chronograph on the kitchen floor, and yeah, it landed glass downward. Glass now in many cracked pieces. More than hacked off, I love that watch.

My Macbook screen is starting to discolour again.

This is the third screen in three years and they have all exhibited the same issue.

Back