• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A new fox that seems to have moved into the end of next door's garden dug three holes in my lawn overnight. ?
I get a family of Badgers, even worse. They dig massive holes under the fence to get in over night. They then dig massive holes in the lawn, apparently looking for shoots and worms according to the experts. When disturbed, they panic and burst through the fence panels, as I have found to my cost. Have had to mend and reinforce fence panels, and put metal spikes and rocks down to stop them digging under to get in. They have ruined my fence and lawn. Nightmare.

Kev got a call on the ambulance to a two person stabbing at Thurrock services last night. Helimed also called in as it sounded serious......it was a hoax.

Put my daughters toy box / dressing up box together from Dunelm. I thought to myself that it didn't feel very well constructed when i was putting the bits together. She has literally opened the lid and it has caused the "safety bracket" to separate from the box (0.5cm length screws were hardly going to keep it in place) Still has one left, but how long is that one going to last. Its the only thing stopping it from closing shut on her fingers or head.

Do I decide to try and fix it (wood glue and match sticks to pack out the hole) or do I just return it

Put my daughters toy box / dressing up box together from Dunelm. I thought to myself that it didn't feel very well constructed when i was putting the bits together. She has literally opened the lid and it has caused the "safety bracket" to separate from the box (0.5cm length screws were hardly going to keep it in place) Still has one left, but how long is that one going to last. Its the only thing stopping it from closing shut on her fingers or head.

Do I decide to try and fix it (wood glue and match sticks to pack out the hole) or do I just return it
If you can fix it easily then it's probably less effort than a trip back to Dunelm. Maybe, instead of screws use thin electrical nuts and bolts. Otherwise back it goes.

I get a family of Badgers, even worse. They dig massive holes under the fence to get in over night. They then dig massive holes in the lawn, apparently looking for shoots and worms according to the experts. When disturbed, they panic and burst through the fence panels, as I have found to my cost. Have had to mend and reinforce fence panels, and put metal spikes and rocks down to stop them digging under to get in. They have ruined my fence and lawn. Nightmare.
We leave a gap under the fence and they seem to use that ok. They have dug up holes in the lawn (my neighbour reckons it is magpies ........). They left two piles of .... on the patio overnight. Probably not their fault but also found a dead rat in the flower bed today.

Artwork set up in Southend to raise money for terminally ill adults and children has been trashed by vandals, WTF?!?!? :Frustrated:

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/19545499.southend-hares-town-sculptures-damaged-vandals/

Me and the missus popped down the seafront for a Rossi and a stroll yesterday and saw these for the first time. The first thing that went through my head was how long they’d last before someone decided to take out their sad life frustrations on one of them.

It’s a sad state of affairs to have that mindset, really.

Sadly, the chances of catching the persons responsible are probably slim, and the likelihood of any proper punishment is even lower.

We leave a gap under the fence and they seem to use that ok. They have dug up holes in the lawn (my neighbour reckons it is magpies ........). They left two piles of .... on the patio overnight. Probably not their fault but also found a dead rat in the flower bed today.

It's 100% Badgers, as I watch them do it. I wish it was small Magpie holes. I can't leave a hole under the fence for them as the whole lawn will get dug up. They do large and very deep holes. There's also the danger that given a free reign, they will go really large and set up a Badgers set there. I have had foxes as well in the past, but they are more intelligent, and if you scare them, they dart out through the hole they came in. The Badgers panic and just go full felt at the fence and headbutt the bottom of a fence panel. The adults are really powerful. If they haven't burst through properly, they tear off the wood quickly with claws and teeth. Amazing to watch, but really annoying with the damage.

SIXTY English pounds, £60 no less. I kid you not, for 5 lt tin of Johnson's water based white gloss.
Inflation gone potty!
And now I am going to be skirting board, picture rail and door sanding, not happy days ahead.

Also tried to buy some 8" under cabinet replacement tube light bulbs, in clear, no luck, merchants tell me they are on back order for months.

SIXTY English pounds, £60 no less. I kid you not, for 5 lt tin of Johnson's water based white gloss.
Inflation gone potty!
And now I am going to be skirting board, picture rail and door sanding, not happy days ahead.

Also tried to buy some 8" under cabinet replacement tube light bulbs, in clear, no luck, merchants tell me they are on back order for months.
Where did you buy the paint?!!!!!!!!!

Back