• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What the hell has happened to the Evening Echo? I know I’m out of touch but taking a look online over the last few days headline stories about Denise van Outen, Katie Price and Stacy Solomon.

are they struggling, running on low staff, dumbing down or headed by a 16 year old?

Do they still have a paper version?
The comments section attracts a special type of bigoted moron.

The rot set in when Horace and Doris divorced.

Cracked the frame on my mountain bike. Can't complain because it has probably done a good 12k miles.

Lucky I spotted/heard it otherwise it could have been a nasty accident.

Looks like it is going to be an expensive week assuming I can actually find a new bike to buy - they are in very short supply.
A new bike and sponsoring MMs trainers, must be costing you a fortune!

My Mrs, gripper bars, thermal tiles & concrete floors, take your pick. The ground floor of our house is on a concrete base and when first built it had those horrible dark brown thermal tiles stuck to the floor (over 50 years ago). Mrs RHB has decided that we ditch carpet in the hall and have stuff that looks like parquet flooring but isn't! To lay it they need to screed the floor first and the tiles had to come up. I've just finished doing that little job and my knees have reached an age where they aren't keen on kneeling for six hours. Add to that the encounters with gripper bar which also had to come up and I'm seriously pierced and ****ed off!

This months salary is 3 days late (so far) being paid into my bank account. Issues with one of the four banks involved in payroll apparently (which I do believe - I'm 99.99% sure my company has paid the payroll company).

Fortunately I have an 'emergency' fund that'll see me through for a little while.

The weather. I know the August BH weekend can often be a bit miserable, but to have it so grey is just awful, washing isn't drying, tomatoes aren't ripening - feels like Autumn, and had to actually have my heating on for a quick half hour blast to warm things up last night as I was so cold after having sat outside at the Alex for a couple of hours.

Edit - ooooh, 9.20 am, brightening up a bit!

Last edited:
The weather. I know the August BH weekend can often be a bit miserable, but to have it so grey is just awful, washing isn't drying, tomatoes aren't ripening - feels like Autumn, and had to actually have my heating on for a quick half hour blast to warm things up last night as I was so cold after having sat outside at the Alex for a couple of hours.

Lovely down here in sunny Cornwall - mid 20s - shame to go in later to watch the match!

I seemed to have blinked and missed summer this year.

Minor gripe about the West Stand yesterday. Our seats, and those around us, were covered in black dust and grit and most supporters had to clean it off before sitting down. You would have thought after all this time away that sort of thing would have been checked beforehand.

Minor gripe about the West Stand yesterday. Our seats, and those around us, were covered in black dust and grit and most supporters had to clean it off before sitting down. You would have thought after all this time away that sort of thing would have been checked beforehand.

Luckily we had @Tinks with her shed load of tissues with her.

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
Cup final yesterday - clearly I’m now running on borrowed time.

Started on the bench. Came on UP FRONT on 25 minutes. Got fouled 30 secs later with a defender climbing all over me. Hear the whistle, collect the ball and throw it back to midfielder as their defenders retreat. Then whistle whistle whistle and a defender saying he is pointing at me. I get A yellow card for an elbow. Even the opposition were laughing their heads off.

From their resulting free kick we cleared our lines and our wing back played a great through ball splitting their defence. As I tear after it I’m not just favourite I’m going to be a good 6-7 yards clear. Cue mild ping and my groin’s gone !!!

That was my entire contribution to a game I’d been looking forward to for days

to cap it all we lost to two second half goals and finished the match with 10 men thanks to a theatrical dive by the opps CB.

Instead of beer with the boys last night was ice pack and rest. Not as bad as I feared today. I’ve gone from barely mobile to walk slowly at about 1/2 normal stride and about 50 per cent walking speed. Bloody painful if I stretch more than that.

I’m still so hacked off. We had a training game and a match a week before the final. I’d played the role I was going to do yesterday well and I was sharp and well up for it.

I might have considered calling it a day if things had gone differently yesterday but I’ve been saying that every season foe about 15 years! We’ve got a couple of months break before it all starts again. I can’t finish like that

Attachments

• 3F47AD15-E247-4DD9-A50F-758E584EDFA0.jpeg
    3F47AD15-E247-4DD9-A50F-758E584EDFA0.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 28
When your mobile phone packs up, you lose everything. Why do we as humans not just write things down anymore :(

We rely on techno too much (me included). 2 new phones, my new SIM doesn't work... Firstly I bought an iphone 11 (arm and a leg) spent an hour on the fone from someone from o2, couuldn't set it up, so I went with my preffered cheap android phone....... Still cant get a mobile conection..... Now on the phone again to o2 gggggggrrrrrrrrrrr.

Back