• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Katie Price again, the silly old tart. She's on a driving ban, and not only drove, but rolled her car and is in hospital, and arrested for drink/drugs driving. As I know someone that lost a daughter due to a drink driver, I hope she finally gets put away. She's allegedly been on at least 6 holidays since her bankruptcy, and had costly beauty procedures. taking the mickey out of those she owes money to. The more she gets away with these things, the more she does it, it seems, like she's untouchable. If they let her off again, she will do it again, but next time she may kill, or put someone else in hospital.

Someone else agrees with me.

Absolutely, but I'm ashamed to admit I thought it was the former, but that's human nature at work in today's climate I guess.
I fill mine to the brim and then let it run down to the red. I'll never understand some people (mostly elderly people i've noticed) that want to keep there car always topped up.

I've seen them in the petrol stations filling up and their pump clicks when its full and its only cost them something like £8.45. Why always drive around with a full tank of petrol. Not the best for fuel economy as your carrying all that extra weight around. Pretty much like having another person in the car.

I fill mine to the brim and then let it run down to the red. I'll never understand some people (mostly elderly people i've noticed) that want to keep there car always topped up.

I've seen them in the petrol stations filling up and their pump clicks when its full and its only cost them something like £8.45. Why always drive around with a full tank of petrol. Not the best for fuel economy as your carrying all that extra weight around. Pretty much like having another person in the car.

The car in question is invariably an old Rover or Honda in immaculate condition which is driven to the supermarket at 20mph on a Saturday so the owners can buy a packet of biscuits and spend ages at the till paying for it.

Interesting to know people's thoughts on whether the fuel situation is the same, better or worse (than a week or 10 days ago)

I've not filled up my car since about the middle of August. I believe that things do seem to be calming down. In Corringham the Esso garage has gone from long queues, to empty to refilled with smaller queues. Today I drove past and no queues and they had petrol. Same for the Jet garage in Stanford-le-Hope.

Not ventured further than that. I can imagine petrol stations attached to supermarkets (Pitsea Tesco etc) May have queues. But as they are pretty busy all if the time they would be ordering deliveries on a daily basis. Also supermarkets have drivers who are specifically contracted to deliver to their petrol stations. My uncle is a HGV driver and is currently on a Tesco contract. My dad (now retired) delivered to mostly independent garages, businesses with their own pump (haulage companies) and bus garages.

I drove around for over an hour just now, and only one petrol station with petrol tonight in the Southend area....Esso Rayleigh Road. And that won't last long as half the pumps are empty already as the £30 rule doesn't apply.
Is that the one opposite Mr Tangs Chinese?

Back