• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's hacking me off? Unreasonable I know but...
The increasing use of "You know what...?" and "Ya know wha' I mean?" I have a friend who says this a lot. Irritating.

They're even more common that "Well, basically". :Angry:
The one that annoys me is "i'm not gonna lie". Gives the impression that everything else that person says that is not said with "i'm not gonna lie" is a lie.

The one that annoys me is "i'm not gonna lie". Gives the impression that everything else that person says that is not said with "i'm not gonna lie" is a lie.
Years ago I went on a negotiation skills course. The guy taking the course used to talk about what he called lexical leakage, i.e. saying things you don't need to. One of the things he said was never to use terms like that, including "to be honest" because it will give the impression that you're less than honest.

Years ago I went on a negotiation skills course. The guy taking the course used to talk about what he called lexical leakage, i.e. saying things you don't need to. One of the things he said was never to use terms like that, including "to be honest" because it will give the impression that you're less than honest.

That sounds like a Cambridge/Oxford University high sociaty baffoon who carried out years of extensive research to come to that opinion, who's not in touch with the real World.

That sounds like a Cambridge/Oxford University high sociaty baffoon who carried out years of extensive research to come to that opinion, who's not in touch with the real World.
It actually isn't, it makes very good sense. When negotiating you have to avoid those sort of phrases for the very reasons given.

It actually isn't, it makes very good sense. When negotiating you have to avoid those sort of phrases for the very reasons given.

In negotiation maybe, but within the wider picture of the UK, many people use that phrase when they talk to people, myself included.

Not really a rant, more of a question. My last service provider went up the wall (I'm guessing) and I'm now with OVO (not my choice) and they've stopped 3 monthly bills for monthly ones...

Anyone in the same boat and how are you finding monthly bills? It's all a bit new to me from 3 monthly.

Incorrect. He was a very successful government negotiator. Some of the first hand stories and examples he gave us were fascinating.

Went to the cinema last night to see the new Matrix. Booked tickets online with me doing all the work but was charged £0.75 per ticket for a "Booking Fee".

Mason Greenwood. Absolute scumbag. It looks like the alleged photos and recordings are real, allegedly. He sounds so entitled when demanding sex from his ex. He beat her up and punched her in the face leaving a swollen lip bleeding a lot. Lots of body bruises as well, probably from long time physical abuse, allegedly.

Mason Greenwood. Absolute scumbag. It looks like the alleged photos and recordings are real, allegedly. He sounds so entitled when demanding sex from his ex. He beat her up and punched her in the face leaving a swollen lip bleeding a lot. Lots of body bruises as well, probably from long time physical abuse, allegedly.

Have you seen the statement from the girls father?
1643559983606.png
I’d go to prison if someone did that to my daughter!

Greenwood what a scumbag :Angry Mob:

I thought that too. I am guessing the father was defending the daughter by trying to date the relationship as starting before Greenwood became the "famous" footballer star mega money dirtbag.
In doing so he is, perhaps, suggesting that she was attracted to the person, not the personna of wannabe WAG?
Do you think Ryan Giggs set bird bashing low, ever so low, standards that Manure youngsters are aspiring to imitate?

Back