• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Opposite Chalkwell Park, outside the BP garage and outside the Stackhouse gym (who are not the offender's). I have pointed this out to the council more than once saying they should get evidence, prosecute and ask the local press for maximum publicity to tell other persistent dumpers they are after them. What they do is clear up the mess and then do nothing else, hence my view they are useless. They have no "strategic' plan to deal with these people.

It's the people, not the Council. Why don't you confront them, then report them to the Council. They clear up the mess, I'm not sure what else you want them to do.

Last edited:
Not really .Don't think I ever saw the tv series.Just don't find the idea of it particularly funny -even as a user name.
Never saw Citizen Smith? Amazing. It is about a pseudo-lefty who judges people only by his own narrow ideology, pontificates philosophical and political ideas he doesn't understand and attempts to use his intellectually empty but noisily expressed views to try to dominate situations and make himself look clever.

Very funny, written by John Sullivan of Own my Fools and Horses fame.

Never saw Citizen Smith? Amazing. It is about a pseudo-lefty who judges people only by his own narrow ideology, pontificates philosophical and political ideas he doesn't understand and attempts to use his intellectually empty but noisily expressed views to try to dominate situations and make himself look clever.

Excellent summary. I loved the show
but the best bit was the writer made Wolfy very engaging. A bit like Frasier. What did Frasier say he was "loveably pompous". Citizen Smith always reminded me of a chap called Steve who was on a course I did. Now Steve had been a teacher at the William Tyndale school and had been sacked along with others for well look it up on wiki. You'll not believe it.
Steve was an unrepentant Marxist and used to drive me to distraction by turning any discussion into a rant about capitalist oppression and what Marx would have said. Really a pain in the arse who wouldn't be deflected an inch from his views. However when he was talking about things that he couldn't turn into a political rant he was very likeable.

Last edited:

I know what's it's about thanks.It so happens I was working abroad 1978-1980.

As a matter of fact I'm a great fan of genuine politcal satire -probably why I have a long -term subscription to Private Ey

Last edited:
In Manners Way this morning a 72 plate range rover fully on pavement, to the full run in of a house. It sat with engine running to keep the passenger warm presumably?
I was walking, with dog, from one direction and spoke, politely with passenger that the parking was very wrong and anti social.
Passenger replied, apologising, to which I said was okay, as I could walk around; but the person coming from the other direction, in mobility scooter could not as he has, literally no legs.
The passenger was, (appeared), shame faced, but who can tell if the stupid, lazy driving, parking lesson was understood?

Gump "stupid is as stupid does"

Or do new Range Rovers come with an extra huge dose of entitlement?

Last edited:
I know what's it's about thanks.It so happens I was working abroad 1978-1980.

As a matter of fact I'm a great fan of genuine politcal satire -probably why I have a long -term subscription to Private Ey
Well how lovely to know we have something in common (Private Eye-wise). You are Dave Spart, I claim...nothing, I am not a capitalist.

And you are welcome. Kudos for being patronising whilst not being to spell Eye. 100% for lack of self awareness in response to my original post. But who cares.

Peace, love and whatever festivities bring happiness to you, you family and loved ones.

My dad is really ill in hospital and I have spent the last five nights in a Travelodge in Loughborough.

Saturday evening we discovered a burst pipe in his house with collapsed ceiling, flooding, ruined clothes, beds, carpets etc.

The insurance company are unreachable. I spent two hours on hold Friday evening and was cut off before speaking to anyone. Tried again Sunday and was directed to a URL which doesn't provide the facility to make a claim.

Back on hold this morning and I am being cut off every ten minutes or so.

My dad is really ill in hospital and I have spent the last five nights in a Travelodge in Loughborough.

Saturday evening we discovered a burst pipe in his house with collapsed ceiling, flooding, ruined clothes, beds, carpets etc.

The insurance company are unreachable. I spent two hours on hold Friday evening and was cut off before speaking to anyone. Tried again Sunday and was directed to a URL which doesn't provide the facility to make a claim.

Back on hold this morning and I am being cut off every ten minutes or so.
Good luck with getting through, and especially with the claim. My relative has had the same, a water burst and the kitchen ceiling came down. It's been a nightmare since in communications and them trying every angle possible not to help and pay out for the repairs. The latest one is that she should have maintained and looked after the house better and the water leak wouldn't have happened. She does look after the house. She has no money for the repairs, so is now stuck in limbo with the ceiling down and lots of damage and goods ruined and flooring ruined, whilst the arguments go back and forth. She now has been advised to go to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Disgusting. It's stressful enough with what has happened. I know some insurance companies are completely the opposite, and step up to the mark and sort things out, but not this one.

Good luck with getting through, and especially with the claim. My relative has had the same, a water burst and the kitchen ceiling came down. It's been a nightmare since in communications and them trying every angle possible not to help and pay out for the repairs. The latest one is that she should have maintained and looked after the house better and the water leak wouldn't have happened. She does look after the house. She has no money for the repairs, so is now stuck in limbo with the ceiling down and lots of damage and goods ruined and flooring ruined, whilst the arguments go back and forth. She now has been advised to go to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Disgusting. It's stressful enough with what has happened. I know some insurance companies are completely the opposite, and step up to the mark and sort things out, but not this one.
Please name and shame the insurance companies not being helpful - it'll help others avoid them.

We had a house fire about 4 years ago - aviva were very good at sorting that.

If you're having problems could be worth appointing your own risk assessor. We didn't with aviva, but it's the only thing I might change if we needed to make another lsrge claim in the future

Well how lovely to know we have something in common (Private Eye-wise). 1.You are Dave Spart, I claim...nothing, I am not a capitalist.

2And you are welcome. Kudos for being patronising whilst not being to spell Eye. 100% for lack of self awareness in response to my original post. But who cares.

3.Peace, love and whatever festivities bring happiness to you, you family and loved ones.

1.Glad you enjoy Private Eye.Hopefully you recognise a typo when you see one!

2.Glad to hear you're not a capitalist.IIRC your original post suggested that Nye Bevan was somehow a member of ELP.

3.Thanks for the Xmas greetings.Equalmente (as they say around here).

Last edited:
Just taken us 1 3/4 hrs to get back to Leigh from Stanford le Hope, as A13 closed eastbound at Sadlers Farm rdbt.
Total chaos everywhere, A130 onto Canvey & down to the A127. A127 at a crawl as so many filtering out on it. Good luck to everyone returning that way in the evening commute.

Back