• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just visited my dads house and discovered a letter claiming he had been doing 39 in a 30 zone.

Then I realised it was after I had taken ownership of his car. Up to six points and a grand fine seems harsh. Hopefully I will be offered a speed awareness course.
In a cx5 you can turn on/off a speeding warning, car will beep at you when more than 5mph over the limit. If you're still motoring around in it might want to find that option somewhere

Just visited my dads house and discovered a letter claiming he had been doing 39 in a 30 zone.

Then I realised it was after I had taken ownership of his car. Up to six points and a grand fine seems harsh. Hopefully I will be offered a speed awareness course.
Unlikely. I think they only do that if you're marginally above the limit.

My son recently got one for driving at 26mph in the 20mph zone ( idiot! ) from the pier to the Kursall. I think he was offered a speed awareness course?.

My son recently got one for driving at 26mph in the 20mph zone ( idiot! ) from the pier to the Kursall. I think he was offered a speed awareness course?.
They're trying to impose 20mph all over the City. Starting with Thorpe Bay. I hope they don't. It's a snails pace. I can deal with 25mph if pushed on me, but not 20mph.

They're trying to impose 20mph all over the City. Starting with Thorpe Bay. I hope they don't. It's a snails pace. I can deal with 25mph if pushed on me, but not 20mph.
You could argue that during the summer, at times you crawl about 20mph from Southchurch along the front up to Chalkwell during the day.
But imo having that during the night is daft. It's like the 50mph average speed cameras along the A127 between the old Fortune of War r/bt & just before Progress Rd?.

You could argue that during the summer, at times you crawl about 20mph from Southchurch along the front up to Chalkwell during the day.
But imo having that during the night is daft. It's like the 50mph average speed cameras along the A127 between the old Fortune of War r/bt & just before Progress Rd?.
I drive the a127 every day and the 50mph section seems to flow the best, then the bit after to the m25 is always stop start. Although lately it's all been a nightmare!

I drive the a127 every day and the 50mph section seems to flow the best, then the bit after to the m25 is always stop start. Although lately it's all been a nightmare!
I agree, the 50mph bit does flow quite well, once I remember!

Saturday was a nightmare. I got from home to progress road in an hour. It took another half an hour to get to the ground.

Just accidentally ate some tinned rice pudding that was 3 years out of date that was stockpiled pre covid.

I am the worst prepper ever.

Voted to strike. Apparently a 5% pay rise isn't good enough for teachers and they want an above inflation payrise of 12%

Both my wife and I would bite their hands off for a 5% payrise. Most I've had in recent years was last year at 2.5%. Wife not had one for 3 maybe 4 years.
SS,You're quite right about that 5% figure which HMG have agreed to meet.What you don't say is that it's supposed to come out of schools' budgets,which is immoral,to say the least.

Email just received from Anglian Water advising their prices increasing by 10+pct from April 🙁
Yep, same here. I'll just be flushing the bog once a day, no boil washes and strip washes only.

In 30 years time we'll probably all have water harvesting tanks in the back garden (probably by law) to shower, do the laundry and flush the toilet. Only water coming from Hanningfield will be drinking water.

Sadlers Farm roadworks.

Was it my imagination or did they get removed for a month or possibly two. I thought they had finally fixed doing what they was doing (at a rate of about 1 hours work a week for what seemed like 5 years)

Now back to 1 lane both directions again. I wonder what will happen first, Fossetts Farm being built or that junction finally being finished

Sadlers Farm roadworks.

Was it my imagination or did they get removed for a month or possibly two. I thought they had finally fixed doing what they was doing (at a rate of about 1 hours work a week for what seemed like 5 years)

Now back to 1 lane both directions again. I wonder what will happen first, Fossetts Farm being built or that junction finally being finished
Pretty certain that **** of an MP Mr Francois was in the papers lauding the completion of the roadworks

Back