• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mods who start provocative posts which they know will result in contentious comment , then post borderline Islamophobic images and then close the thread down because they don't like the feedback. Pathetic.

Remember, we are imperfect humans, just like you. Admittedly, we make mistakes. It’s impossible for us to be exemplary all of the time, and that’s why we operate as a team, so that if one of us makes a mistake or an error of judgement, we can rely on one another to put things right.

I was always taught that as long as you learn from your mistakes, then there’s no such thing as a bad mistake.

As for the constant barbs and baiting of the mod team from yourself, you should take a minute to consider the amount of time, money and effort it requires to set up and run your own forum, let alone make it an incredibly successful one.

If you genuinely feel like we’re pathetic, please, show us how it’s done and we’ll make sure to pop by and critique it for you.

Remember, we are imperfect humans, just like you. Admittedly, we make mistakes. It’s impossible for us to be exemplary all of the time, and that’s why we operate as a team, so that if one of us makes a mistake or an error of judgement, we can rely on one another to put things right.

I was always taught that as long as you learn from your mistakes, then there’s no such thing as a bad mistake.

As for the constant barbs and baiting of the mod team from yourself, you should take a minute to consider the amount of time, money and effort it requires to set up and run your own forum, let alone make it an incredibly successful one.

If you genuinely feel like we’re pathetic, please, show us how it’s done and we’ll make sure to pop by and critique it for you.
Other fan club forums have mature discussions on many subjects where poltical content is unavoidable. What we saw today was a new thread which was bound to have political implications for any meaningful discussion which then carried an arguably Islamophobic graphic after which it was closed down. There are no barbs nor baiting as you call it on my part. I would just like to have an adult discussion without that being rendered impossible by defensive posturing in which only one point of view is considered permissible. I would be very happy to contribute in a positive way to improve this forum. I have never resorted to personal attacks or verbal abuse unlike some contributors and would very much welcome an opportunity to do whatever I can to restore credibilty and respect to a club I have supported for more than 60 yrears

Other fan club forums have mature discussions on many subjects where poltical content is unavoidable. What we saw today was a new thread which was bound to have political implications for any meaningful discussion which then carried an arguably Islamophobic graphic after which it was closed down. There are no barbs nor baiting as you call it on my part. I would just like to have an adult discussion without that being rendered impossible by defensive posturing in which only one point of view is considered permissible. I would be very happy to contribute in a positive way to improve this forum. I have never resorted to personal attacks or verbal abuse unlike some contributors and would very much welcome an opportunity to do whatever I can to restore credibilty and respect to a club I have supported for more than 60 yrears
As do we! We have had Ukraine and Covid threads, unfortunately the political chats from the past including the forum incited a toxic environment. We took the stance to ban political chat because it was a horrible environment. That still stands and won’t change.

You talk about having an adult conversation, how about being an adult and use the report function instead of calling mods out. Belittling and undermining people who do this for free to keep this great site going.

If you want to have political discussions why not visit other social platforms. We don’t allow political chat, some may slip through the net but we try to prevent it and try to keep posts where relevant.

As do we! We have had Ukraine and Covid threads, unfortunately the political chats from the past including the forum incited a toxic environment. We took the stance to ban political chat because it was a horrible environment. That still stands and won’t change.

You talk about having an adult conversation, how about being an adult and use the report function instead of calling mods out. Belittling and undermining people who do this for free to keep this great site going.

If you want to have political discussions why not visit other social platforms. We don’t allow political chat, some may slip through the net but we try to prevent it and try to keep posts where relevant.
The only reasons these threads get closed are because people venture opinions that are perceived as unacceptable because they do not accord with the views of some of the mods. There is clearly a very narrow window of opinion allowed. On the other hand, all kinds of personal abuse appears to be ok on the purely footballing threads, double standards indeed. Perhaps you can give me an example of where I have belittled or undermined a mod because I am not aware of having done so. I would be very happy to contribute to the running of this site by the way without seeking any personal glory or credit as in any voluntary activity of which I have considerable experience. I hope you will view this as a constructive response.

Other fan club forums have mature discussions on many subjects where poltical content is unavoidable.

They do. Unfortunately, it has been proven time and time again, that we can’t play nice when it comes to that subject.

And I hold myself accountable for that, as should you and many others.

What we saw today was a new thread which was bound to have political implications for any meaningful discussion

Agreed, and that’s why it was pulled by the thread starter himself.

which then carried an arguably Islamophobic graphic after which it was closed down.

It’s not arguable. It wasn’t.

A photoshopped picture of Shamima Begum sitting in the MOTD studio, doesn’t denigrate the Islamic religion, nor it’s followers. Just as it wouldn’t if a white, Catholic was photoshopped sitting in Linekar’s hot seat.

There are no barbs nor baiting as you call it on my part.

Your original post is baiting.

You finished said post with a barb.

You’ve had numerous posts deleted over the last year(?) for similar comments and posts. Believe me, it hasn’t gone unnoticed.

I would just like to have an adult discussion without that being rendered impossible by defensive posturing in which only one point of view is considered permissible.

Agreed, so would we all.

I would be very happy to contribute in a positive way to improve this forum. I have never resorted to personal attacks or verbal abuse unlike some contributors and would very much welcome an opportunity to do whatever I can to restore credibilty and respect to a club I have supported for more than 60 yrears

Then do so. Lead by example.

The only reasons these threads get closed are because people venture opinions that are perceived as unacceptable because they do not accord with the views of some of the mods. There is clearly a very narrow window of opinion allowed. On the other hand, all kinds of personal abuse appears to be ok on the purely footballing threads, double standards indeed. Perhaps you can give me an example of where I have belittled or undermined a mod because I am not aware of having done so. I would be very happy to contribute to the running of this site by the way without seeking any personal glory or credit as in any voluntary activity of which I have considerable experience. I hope you will view this as a constructive response.
Literally the next sentence! Having a dig.

Even though I have only been coming on this forum for five minutes. (it is nothing short of amazing).... But even so some people have an off day at times in their lives and I hate to see fighting of any kind online.

They do. Unfortunately, it has been proven time and time again, that we can’t play nice when it comes to that subject.

And I hold myself accountable for that, as should you and many others.

Agreed, and that’s why it was pulled by the thread starter himself.

It’s not arguable. It wasn’t.

A photoshopped picture of Shamima Begum sitting in the MOTD studio, doesn’t denigrate the Islamic religion, nor it’s followers. Just as it wouldn’t if a white, Catholic was photoshopped sitting in Linekar’s hot seat.

Your original post is baiting.

You finished said post with a barb.

You’ve had numerous posts deleted over the last year(?) for similar comments and posts. Believe me, it hasn’t gone unnoticed.

Agreed, so would we all.

Then do so. Lead by example.
The photoshopped picture of Begum was ill judged to say the least and the intentions of posting it were obvious. So why not post a picture of a white catholic girl? That is a rhetorical question of course. It would be nice if there was some acknowledgment of the crassness of that post. It is up to the mods to lead by example and some humility would be welcome instead of an aggressive, hectoring tone which is the usual response of people who have lost an argument.

Often it is best to say nothing when this sort of discussion is had, but I think this time I will respond. On the particular thread in question I posted it in General Football as I believed, naively, that it would be a discussion around match of the day, which most posters accepted. I also added a photo which I thought was humorous but I now realise it was open to interpretation in a way that I had never intended, and for that I apologise to anyone that was offended and I've taken that post down. I also took the decision to close the thread as I realised just where some of the overtly political posts were taking it. I make no apology at all for that decision. Being a mod you have to make a judgement and I got the first judgement wrong in starting the thread, and made the right call in closing it.

You speak of personal abuse in the footballing threads, and yes, there has been a fair amount which is why I posted an extract of the SZ Rules reminding folk to post without playing the poster. Emotions on here are running high at the moment and we have attempted to allow folk some leeway because of the situation we find ourselves in. What I can promise is that political posturing of any kind will not be allowed.

Often it is best to say nothing when this sort of discussion is had, but I think this time I will respond. On the particular thread in question I posted it in General Football as I believed, naively, that it would be a discussion around match of the day, which most posters accepted. I also added a photo which I thought was humorous but I now realise it was open to interpretation in a way that I had never intended, and for that I apologise to anyone that was offended and I've taken that post down. I also took the decision to close the thread as I realised just where some of the overtly political posts were taking it. I make no apology at all for that decision. Being a mod you have to make a judgement and I got the first judgement wrong in starting the thread, and made the right call in closing it.

You speak of personal abuse in the footballing threads, and yes, there has been a fair amount which is why I posted an extract of the SZ Rules reminding folk to post without playing the poster. Emotions on here are running high at the moment and we have attempted to allow folk some leeway because of the situation we find ourselves in. What I can promise is that political posturing of any kind will not be allowed.
Thank you for your considered and reasoned response, for which I have the greatest respect. I am sure you understand that some subjects raised on here have unavoidable political dimensions and that posters should be free to express their views even if that does not accord with what some mods think.

Little plastic clip has just snapped on my shower screen. £600 shower screen and the but that fails us a cheap little bit if plastic.

Also just found that the radiator that we had taken off to get the wall plastered and the radiator put back on has a leak. Looks like radiator is gone but the connection from the pipes to the radiator where the valve is. Weeping at such a small rate its like its crying very very slowly with one tear a day.

Little plastic clip has just snapped on my shower screen. £600 shower screen and the but that fails us a cheap little bit if plastic.

Also just found that the radiator that we had taken off to get the wall plastered and the radiator put back on has a leak. Looks like radiator is gone but the connection from the pipes to the radiator where the valve is. Weeping at such a small rate its like its crying very very slowly with one tear a day.
On a positive note, the rat is selling up!

Back