• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A person I'm currently trying very hard to work with whilst he tells everyone that he's right and everyone else is wrong, and if we don't do things his way he won't sign off on the documentation being produced, even though everyone else his happy with it.

I've also just had a meeting with him and a few others where the difference between the two of us actually made me laugh. Someone was explaining a part of her process that I and idiot disagree with. I know this because him and me discussed this previously.

So, I tell her that I'm interested in the rationale behind doing it the way she wants, which would hopefully have led to a discussion. He, on the other had shuts down any chance of a discussion by telling her she's "fundamentally wrong", and then went on to tell her how to do her job.

A person I'm currently trying very hard to work with whilst he tells everyone that he's right and everyone else is wrong, and if we don't do things his way he won't sign off on the documentation being produced, even though everyone else his happy with it.

I've also just had a meeting with him and a few others where the difference between the two of us actually made me laugh. Someone was explaining a part of her process that I and idiot disagree with. I know this because him and me discussed this previously.

So, I tell her that I'm interested in the rationale behind doing it the way she wants, which would hopefully had led to a discussion. He, on the other had shuts down any chance of a discussion by telling her she's "fundamentally wrong", and then went on to tell her how to do her job.
I could never have worked with anyone like that

I could never have worked with anyone like that
It's very difficult.

As it happens I'm a contractor and this is only a 2 month contract, with less than 1 month to go. The piece of work has mushroomed to something far bigger and I might be needed until October. However, I have real reservations around extending because of him, but also because I might (only might) have another contract lined up that is 10% more and means I never have to talk to him again.

It's very difficult.

As it happens I'm a contractor and this is only a 2 month contract, with less than 1 month to go. The piece of work has mushroomed to something far bigger and I might be needed until October. However, I have real reservations around extending because of him, but also because I might (only might) have another contract lined up that is 10% more and means I never have to talk to him again.

I have a scrum master in the US who is painful to deal with and have been stuck doing tedious Java work that could be done by a recent graduate,

That said the rate is great and the current market is patchy so I'll keep taking the money until my fingers start bleeding .

Then I will use the other hand.

Doing my wake up with Joe (Wicks) as part of my fitness regime so hopefully I can live long enough to see Fossets Farm. Day 12 today so you do all your exercises and then end with "a plank challenge" You do a basic elbow plank and see how long you can hold it. That man is a *****

Probably what we all suspected - some companies (and not the ones with the windfall tax!) are manipulating and making a killing on electricity prices/generation. Might be legal, maybe within in the rules - but do we want these types of companies in our system?

So Eno Alaric, a well know 'time traveller'(Cough), knew that the Earth would be invaded, and conquered by Aliens from a far distant planet, on the 23rd March just gone. It's a very hostile alien species he said, as he's seen it happen. Alaric has over 200,00 followers, and this story went like wildfire around the World, with Millions waiting to see what happened. But nothing happened. Grrr. I was waiting, as I really want to see aliens from outer space. Perhaps even invite them in for a cup of tea.

So Eno Alaric, a well know 'time traveller'(Cough), knew that the Earth would be invaded, and conquered by Aliens from a far distant planet, on the 23rd March just gone. It's a very hostile alien species he said, as he's seen it happen. Alaric has over 200,00 followers, and this story went like wildfire around the World, with Millions waiting to see what happened. But nothing happened. Grrr. I was waiting, as I really want to see aliens from outer space. Perhaps even invite them in for a cup of tea.
Have you never bumped into @RHB then?

Had a health check earlier. I'm 50, heart age of 67. Slightly overweight (about 5kg), but high blood pressure and high bad cholesterol and very low good cholesterol. Phone call to the quacks in the week to see what I can do about this.

Had a health check earlier. I'm 50, heart age of 67. Slightly overweight (about 5kg), but high blood pressure and high bad cholesterol and very low good cholesterol. Phone call to the quacks in the week to see what I can do about this.
All the constituents of a heart attack waiting to happen 😕

An asteroid is passing between the earth and the moon today which has been described as a city destroyer due yo its size (40m-90m big)

Bit that annoyed me is it was only discovered last month. I thought they had people monitoring these things. Even if we found one on a collision course its going to take a lot longer than a month for those in charge to have all the required meetings to even start to decide what should be done about it

Fingers x you can actually get an appt to see one. No doubt he/she will suggest you go on a diet & suggest what foods you eat, & those to steer clear of for starters.
I'd imagine an exercise/fitness regime would be discussed, as well as putting you on statins for your cholesterol.
And i'd guess you'll be asked if your family have a history of high blood pressure etc. Good luck MattE.

Back