• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gun fetish and worship seems embedded in the American psyche. American culture in films, books, the theatre is obsessed with the simplistic idea that everything can be solved by the use of a gun. The western movie, which played such a huge role in framing everything in those terms was a massive influence in shaping at least two generations response to any problem - shoot first and ask questions later.

I don't get you sometimes Tangled. I'm saying they shouldn't have them. But because they can, half the Country does. Some for protection. Some say because it's their right and freedom to own guns. Some for hunting which disgusts me as well. Some just love guns and the power it gives them. Unfortunately, it means any nutter can get hold of a gun, rifle, semi-automatic, machine gun, to kill adults and kids for any reason they have in their twisted mind.
Think we're both saying the same thing. :Winking:

Two weeks ago today my mate of 40 years, Garry, was walking his dog in Rebels Lane Wakering, 10 yards from his front door when he was hit by a car doing between 40 and 70 mph. Killed instantly. His wife of 37 years heard bang and came out to find him. The car had carried on down the lane, which goes nowhere and had to come back. Early police comments are that the driver was on phone arguing with girl and decided he was too fast for Wakering Road bend so shot off into Rebels Lane.
My wife was bridesmaid at their wedding.
Garry leaves two businesses that will likely go putting a dozen jobs gone, 4 children and six grand children. A widow at 60 who is traumatised and can't bear to step out of her home.
Any court case will be two years say family liaison officers.
Angry.........what do you think?
But nothing can make it right.

Awful, I am so sorry. I hate people.
Thanks. People can be awful but some aren't . A lady drove past, saw him, stopped, put him in a bag and a box and contacted my daughter to let her know. She popped round this morning with his collar and a lovely card. Some people are amazing.
I have to admit, even though it was my daughters cat, I loved the boy to bits and it has absolutely broken me. He wasn't even 2 years old.

This absolute travesty. #BoycottNike

nike.png

Back