• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bonfires on the hottest night of the year with a slight breeze taking the smoke towards the houses

Stick the stuff in your garden waste bin or wait until it's cold or wind is blowing away from houses

Arses!!!!
In a similar vein, a group of kids that let off about a dozen fireworks late this afternoon near the rear of our house.

Sickening attack and murders in Nottingham today, and all the news channels, plus the Police Chief Constable reporting on the horrific incidents seem scared to mention that the attacker is a West African migrant. They all seem to be waiting for each other to actually say it first, before they all will say it. Watch.

Sickening attack and murders in Nottingham today, and all the news channels, plus the Police Chief Constable reporting on the horrific incidents seem scared to mention that the attacker is a West African migrant. They all seem to be waiting for each other to actually say it first, before they all will say it. Watch.
So it was some sort of race crime then rather than drugs related?I saw C4,BBC and ITV news earlier.As you say none of them mentioned the man arrested was a West African (although there is obviously a large immigrant population In Nottingham).I was interested in this particular news item because my younger brother (not Rob Noxious but the other one),used to live in the Park,pretty much in the centre of Nottingham.

Last edited:
So it was some sort of race crime then rather than drugs related?I saw C4,BBC and ITV news earlier.As you say none of them mentioned the man arrested was a West African (although there is obviously a large immigrant population In Nottingham).I was interested in this particular news item because my younger brother (not Rob Noxious but the other one,used to live in the Park,pretty much in the centre of Nottingham..
Nobody knows yet the reason he did it at this time. The point is that as immigration and the sorts coming in are such a touchy subject, they are all scared to say anything more than that he is a 31 year old suspect. No questions were taken. Everyone worried to put the spotlight on unchecked immigration and the fallout. But this is in the public interest. People deserve to know more about the attacker, especially the poor family and friends of those completely innocent victims mostly making their way home from a night out. I preferred it in the 70s when all information was released as quick as possible, no matter who it upset.

I've only read one report, on the BBC, and it did mention that. Perhaps the issue was that they didn't do so immediately because they wanted to make 100% sure beforehand. Can you imagine the furore if they stated it and it turned out to be wrong?

I've only read one report, on the BBC, and it did mention that. Perhaps the issue was that they didn't do so immediately because they wanted to make 100% sure beforehand. Can you imagine the furore if they stated it and it turned out to be wrong?
Not to mention the police probably have better things to be doing on this case than giving a life history to the media of the suspect, they may not even have all the facts about him themselves yet.

The news reports I saw were the early (ie 6 o'clock Uk) editions.I imagine you saw the late BBC news at 11 pm.At the time the Police were said to be keeping an "open mind" on the motive for the crimes.

Last edited:
Nobody knows yet the reason he did it at this time. The point is that as immigration and the sorts coming in are such a touchy subject, they are all scared to say anything more than that he is a 31 year old suspect. No questions were taken. Everyone worried to put the spotlight on unchecked immigration and the fallout. But this is in the public interest. People deserve to know more about the attacker, especially the poor family and friends of those completely innocent victims mostly making their way home from a night out. I preferred it in the 70s when all information was released as quick as possible, no matter who it upset.
Iimagine we're talking about a 2nd/3rd generation immigrant here ie someone almost certainly born in the UK (who acording to one report I saw had a history of mental illness).

Iimagine we're talking about a 2nd/3rd generation immigrant here ie someone almost certainly born in the UK (who acording to one report I saw had a history of mental illness).
My guess would be very different, likely been here just a few years, no local times, disillusioned and angry, drug, especially skunk user (paranoid psychosis ), maybe looked at religion for "justice" and inclusivity. Just guessing.
And UK Mental Health Trusts are in right mess, with drug issues being primarily responsible and incurable .

My guess would be very different, likely been here just a few years, no local times, disillusioned and angry, drug, especially skunk user (paranoid psychosis ), maybe looked at religion for "justice" and inclusivity. Just guessing.
And UK Mental Health Trusts are in right mess, with drug issues being primarily responsible and incurable .
You pays your money and makes your choice I suppose.Personally I'm quite prepared to let the police invetigation into what I'm sure we can agree was a shocking crime take its course,

Had another Covid booster yesterday, went to bed with just a bit of a punched arm. This morning I've a headache, I'm nauseous and the arm still feels punched. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Your own choice, or did your GP contact you?. Must admit i didn't know boosters were being given yet this year.

AZ Alkmaar "fans"

I think if you turn up to a football match in Dark Blue or Black jeans, coat and a scarf / balaclava your not there to enjoy a game of football but instead looking for trouble.
European ultras are a curse. I know we have our issues in this country but the "firms" here don't hold any power. I've seen this season at napoli ultras being an intimidating presence to all other fans, not allowing them to sing or vocally support the club because they have issues with the president! Issues in a season where you lift your 1st scudetto since 1990 and get the furthest you have ever been in the European Cup. Baffling!

Disappointing to read that the flat pack homes development near the training ground Fossets Grange has been temporarily suspended as the firm building the modular units near Knaresborough has gone bust. They are looking for a buyer.

Last edited:
PG Tips tea bags. They definitely have less tea in them now for the same price.

We used to have PG Loose Leaf tea - 12 months or so ago it cost £1.75 per packet - now it's between £2.75-£2.95 depending on supermarket :Think:Gone over to Sainsbury's Red Leaf - not quite as nice but at £1.50 a shout can't complain at that......

Back