• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When writers use the term "woke" to sound cutting edge and hip, when in truth they sound like *****.

Oh my goodness, the roads around here today and yesterday! Burst water main at the Weir = total carnage everywhere!

Oh my goodness, the roads around here today and yesterday! Burst water main at the Weir = total carnage everywhere!

Last night total disaster. Queue on A130 to Sadlers Farm, right back to Howe Green on A12. Live on the A13, been very heavy all day today London bound.
Hope they have it sorted by Monday, or total carnage again. How long doe's it take to fix a water main?.

Being taken out for a meal in Southend tonight at a place with a midweek set menu.

Three out of seven starters, four out of eight mains and one out of five desserts incur a supplemental charge.

How is that a set menu?

Bloody traffic. Been to visit a friend in Broomfield hospital this afternoon, left there just before 4, got home to Benfleet 20 past 5. Absolutely dreadful and they STILL go on about building more houses around here! :angry:

And don't even get me started on parking at Broomfield - makes Southend look positively easy!

Bloody traffic. Been to visit a friend in Broomfield hospital this afternoon, left there just before 4, got home to Benfleet 20 past 5. Absolutely dreadful and they STILL go on about building more houses around here! :angry:

And don't even get me started on parking at Broomfield - makes Southend look positively easy!

I drive to Ingatestone 3 times a week, getting there usually around 40-45 mins. Returning to Leigh after leaving work at 5.30pm, I keep well away from the A130 & A13 as it's taken up to 1hr 50 mins to get home!!.
I detour round the country lanes to Stock, then to the back end of Wickford & onto the A129 down to Carpenters Arms Rdbt. Through Rayleigh ( always busy ), keep away from Weir, always congested. Go along Eastwood Rd, up Progress, double back on A127 to St. Michaels Rd then Scrub Lane etc.
Sounds a horrible journey, but usually get home within 50mins- 1hr 10 mins, and moving most of the way, unlike A130 from Rettendon to Fairglen & Sadlers to Tarpots.
As only work Mon/Wed/ Thurs can handle that, but couldn't do it now every day.:thumbdown:

I drive to Ingatestone 3 times a week, getting there usually around 40-45 mins. Returning to Leigh after leaving work at 5.30pm, I keep well away from the A130 & A13 as it's taken up to 1hr 50 mins to get home!!.
I detour round the country lanes to Stock, then to the back end of Wickford & onto the A129 down to Carpenters Arms Rdbt. Through Rayleigh ( always busy ), keep away from Weir, always congested. Go along Eastwood Rd, up Progress, double back on A127 to St. Michaels Rd then Scrub Lane etc.
Sounds a horrible journey, but usually get home within 50mins- 1hr 10 mins, and moving most of the way, unlike A130 from Rettendon to Fairglen & Sadlers to Tarpots.
As only work Mon/Wed/ Thurs can handle that, but couldn't do it now every day.:thumbdown:

We came back through Howe Green then down the old A130 as they were already saying on the traffic reports that the Wickford interchange down to Fairglen was stop start. Proved right as we could see a long line of brake lights to the south of the junction. Fairglen to Sadlers was fine and even Sadlers to Tarpots wasn't too bad. The bit from New Hall to the A12 was appalling though.

Renewing my photocard driving licence. Do it on line? yeah, good idea. Valid passport?...........bollox, it's expired in May 17 and I hadn't realised. Renewal cost for passport - £72, Renewal cost for driving licence £21.50 if you do it via the Post Office because you don't have a passport. Oh, and another £10 for Snappy Snaps to do my new mug shot for passport and licence. Today has not started well!!

Renewing my photocard driving licence. Do it on line? yeah, good idea. Valid passport?...........bollox, it's expired in May 17 and I hadn't realised. Renewal cost for passport - £72, Renewal cost for driving licence £21.50 if you do it via the Post Office because you don't have a passport. Oh, and another £10 for Snappy Snaps to do my new mug shot for passport and licence. Today has not started well!!

Sounds like you need to go abroad more often.:winking:

Not hacking off, but sad. The closure of Tropical Wings in December.

Back