• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Was happy to get to the beach at Castadefells this afternoon for a few hours, for what will inevitably be our last sunbathe/swim this summer.Bit windy on the beach perhaps but nothing anyone who learnt to swim in the Thames Estuary couldn't handle.

Was happy to get to the beach at Castadefells this afternoon for a few hours, for what will inevitably be our last sunbathe/swim this summer.Bit windy on the beach perhaps but nothing anyone who learnt to swim in the Thames Estuary couldn't handle.

Last 4 days have made the most of the weather in Leigh on Sea, basking in the sunshine for a session ( only one i get these days! ) each day.
Drove up to North Yorkshire ( Whitby area ) today for 5 days. Last 2 hrs in torrential rain, had forgotten what that was!.
When we arrived at 3.30pm, temp was 12* FFS!. Been warmer than that throughout the night back in Leigh for last few months!. Hello Autumn!.

Got the all clear to return to the Coast FM Studios on Sunday week to reconvene 'The Spinning Disc Preservation Society' though my co-presenter Flash Boredom won't be able to join me until the bigger studio is back in action. Got lots of stuff to play to my twenty-nine listeners, including their pets, but probably not much that MK Shrimper will like. :Smile2:

I have a couple of kayaks - is the return journey from papermill lock to Heybridge basin doable in a day?
We don’t go to paper mill lock, too many people .
We tend to go to beeleigh which is quiet. But to Heybridge and back with lunch is a half day tops.

A nice session on the driving range and an excellent lunch in their restaurant. Think I may even take a membership out there as I’ve not gone for the season ticket at Southend.

Very nearly time for my week away in the Cotswolds next week. First time i've been further than essex for anything more than a day trip in months. Not quite Cyprus in April but very much looking forward to it.

Very nearly time for my week away in the Cotswolds next week. First time i've been further than essex for anything more than a day trip in months. Not quite Cyprus in April but very much looking forward to it.

We were supposed to be going to the Lake District at half term with another family, but since Boris has announced his rule of 6 the people that own the cottage we rented have cancelled as there would be 8 of us. Annoyingly they still charged us a £15 cancellation fee! (We can't be bothered with the argument!)

What's ironic is we could all drive up the Scotland and rent a cottage up there instead!

Spent 5 years leaving near the Cotswold, beautiful part of the country! Some really cracking riding routes if you have a motorbike.

We have week in Malverns in early October, staying at Upton on Severn.
Any "must" places to visit?

The Three Kings, just down the road from Upton in Hanley Castle. Ex UK CAMRA pub of the year but like stepping back in time 200 years.

The Malvern Hills are an essential walk I suggest starting from British Camp if you are reasonably fit. It is a couple of hours walk to Malvern via the highest point.

In Malvern itself The Nags Head is a great pub with a large selection of beers and The Anupam is a fantastic Indian restaurant. It's more expensive than your typical curry house but worth the difference. I can recommend The Anupam staff curry which is made with slow cooked lamb on the bone.

If you need a taxi book in advance. Its not like Southend when you can get one any time of day/night.

Last edited:
Back