• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

We loved our visit to Malvern last year and took up some of @Mad Cyril 's recos @Massimo Giovanni - wish'd I'd seen your post as I might have added a few more ideas for you.....guessing you're back now.

Something that made me proper laugh yesterday at work, we've recently had a house for sale in a prime Canvey seafront location - it's like a Bond villain's house from the 70s, over three floors with two kitchens, one on the top and one on the ground floor, five bedrooms and a swimming pool on the 1st floor!

It attracted a huge amount of interest, including some from the Orthodox Jewish community, who were probably going to convert it into 6 or 7 living spaces for their member families. They kept asking how much they needed to bid to win it and stuff.

Anyway, there were 8 offers on it, including two from the Jewish community. Rather than a bidding war, we always go to "best and final" offers and the winning bidder ended up being a local. One of the Jews, on learning he hadn't been successful, told my boss that he is "too honest to be an estate agent"!

We loved our visit to Malvern last year and took up some of @Mad Cyril 's recos @Massimo Giovanni - wish'd I'd seen your post as I might have added a few more ideas for you.....guessing you're back now.

Something that made me proper laugh yesterday at work, we've recently had a house for sale in a prime Canvey seafront location - it's like a Bond villain's house from the 70s, over three floors with two kitchens, one on the top and one on the ground floor, five bedrooms and a swimming pool on the 1st floor!

It attracted a huge amount of interest, including some from the Orthodox Jewish community, who were probably going to convert it into 6 or 7 living spaces for their member families. They kept asking how much they needed to bid to win it and stuff.

Anyway, there were 8 offers on it, including two from the Jewish community. Rather than a bidding war, we always go to "best and final" offers and the winning bidder ended up being a local. One of the Jews, on learning he hadn't been successful, told my boss that he is "too honest to be an estate agent"!

I know that place - it up near Canvey point - right?

Been put back on furlough today so it’s a day in front of sky sports news and I get to play football tomorow even tho it’s in basildon :Clap: :Smile:

Got a couple of tickets earlier for John Primer's concert here in Terrasssa on 21st Nov.Onlly 66 tickets on sale.The venue would normally be packed out. (The concert will be live streamed).Seems important to me that fans get tickets for live music shows when they can, in these difficult times for the industry.

Oh no, it's a complete refurb from top to bottom, we had it on the market at £575k. Might be worth that when it's all done up. Fab views along the front.

I have relatives with houses there. Very nice views but traffic queues every morning and evening.

No thanks.

Oh no, it's a complete refurb from top to bottom, we had it on the market at £575k. Might be worth that when it's all done up. Fab views along the front.

Blimey. Even needing a complete refurb a house like that round our way would be around £1.75m. If my wife had her way we'd move to Southend. She loves it. I love that I don't live there anymore, but it does make you think.

Blimey. Even needing a complete refurb a house like that round our way would be around £1.75m. If my wife had her way we'd move to Southend. She loves it. I love that I don't live there anymore, but it does make you think.

You do get a lot for your money on Canvey, but it's negotiating the roads on and off that is the huge problem, and as Cyril said, the wait and queues from along this area near the Point are some of the worst.

You do get a lot for your money on Canvey, but it's negotiating the roads on and off that is the huge problem, and as Cyril said, the wait and queues from along this area near the Point are some of the worst.

I cycled past yesterday and that is a lot of house for £575k.

I love 70s and 80s decor so could have lived with a lot of this.

The bathrooms would be replaced immediately however.

Yes, first thing you'd do to it I'd imagine! It's probably got some nice G-plan furniture too which is still popular!

Queues have got a lot better through lockdown etc but not sure how long that’ll last. Not an issue if you never leave the island at peak times I guess.

Back