• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Not happy, but laughing out loud! We were booked to see Michael Bolton at the Cliffs last October 20. It's been rescheduled to October this year but Google have just emailed me to say that they have inserted the October 2020 event into my calendar. Tech is great at time eh?
I bet Phil Brown will be chasing the Bolton gig next time he is on the radio.

Very pleased to get some interest from the Echo about my 'pop' novel and had a series of questions from their Community Content Editor about it. Here's an excerpt of the local interest angle: -

Is it based on your life/experiences?

To some extent - many of the references in the first half of the book relate to Southend, Westcliff, Leigh and also Canvey Island. I am from Southend and several places from there and nearby provide the backdrop to my descriptions of 'Binfield-on-Sea', 'Old Binfield', 'Binfleet Castle', 'Coney Island' and the tennis courts and The White Hall, near 'Southbound Grove'.

(excerpt ends)

Hoping that the CCE might run with it and if she does, beware of my white beardy mug featured in the paper soon.

Went to the copshop in Beziers earlier.Looks like I'll shortly be receiving my French carte sejour (resident's permit) soon to add to the one I renewed in Spain last year.

Always thought it wasn't possible to be resident in two different countries at the same time.Brexit seems to have encouraged some of us to become more imaginative. :Smile2:

Had a drive out to Clacton today, had planned Kent but we had a power cut this morning which put the kybosh on that. Pleasant drive out, parked for free on a 2 hour zone just off the front and enjoyed a nice lunch at Prezzo overlooking the gardens, pier and seafront. Had a stroll along the front later and a Rossi's ice-cream before heading home - a very pleasant couple of hours - great to see so many people using the beach and how clean Clacton was.

Had a drive out to Clacton today, had planned Kent but we had a power cut this morning which put the kybosh on that. Pleasant drive out, parked for free on a 2 hour zone just off the front and enjoyed a nice lunch at Prezzo overlooking the gardens, pier and seafront. Had a stroll along the front later and a Rossi's ice-cream before heading home - a very pleasant couple of hours - great to see so many people using the beach and how clean Clacton was.
Um...how did a power cut exclude Kent?

Emma Raducanu is into the Semi finals of the US open......This girl has it all. I love watching tennis, though I'm no expert, but you know when you see a great player...

Finished work early enough today to enjoy some of the late summer sunshine

Um...how did a power cut exclude Kent?
The timing issues, nearly 1 o'clock which was when we left, was too late to be heading down to Whitstable, which was where we'd planned but was fine for going up to Clacton. I'd had to wait for the bedding in the washing machine to finish before we could go.

Last edited:
I wish i'd stayed up now! Still, the final is a 9.00pm Saturday on Amazon Prime.

I've already asked my wife if she'd like a bit of Prime on Saturday night. She rolled her eyes!

No doubt about it, the girl is a class act and I can see her winning the final.

Back