• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

F1 certainly shot itself in the foot yesterday. It doesn't really matter to me who wins as it's not going to make one jot of difference to my life, but the race director should not a) be influenced by the teams mid-race, and b) make the rules up as he goes along.

Personally I hope Mercedes appeal, at least that way the rules can be scrutinised and fixed for the future because one thing is certain, leaving them as they are will only lead to the same farce at some point again.

I feel sorry for any kids left disappointed but I loved the story about the elf who said the generator had packed up.

I am sure the organisers were probably a couple of dreamers who simply wanted to tell a story but set the bar a little too high.

I am also sure many parents pointing the finger would not appreciate hearing a few honest opinions on their sons performance in his school nativity play or their daughters rendition of 'Let it go'

Last edited:

I feel sorry for any kids left disappointed but I loved the story about the elf who said the generator had packed up.

I am sure the organisers were probably a couple of dreamers who simply wanted to tell a story but set the bar a little too high.

I am also sure many parents pointing the finger would not appreciate hearing a few honest opinions on their sons performance in his school nativity play or their daughters rendition of 'Let it go'

Over-priced, Not as advertised, appalling. I thought they were talking about SUFC.

It's just kind of sunk in that I'm actually going to get a book published by ... a publisher. Really pleased to get validation from a writer, agent and publisher in the form of a very helpful fella who's given me good advice on what editing I need to do before the book comes out in March.

It's just kind of sunk in that I'm actually going to get a book published by ... a publisher. Really pleased to get validation from a writer, agent and publisher in the form of a very helpful fella who's given me good advice on what editing I need to do before the book comes out in March.
Great stuff,what’s it about ?

I am still struggling to find a publisher for my autobiography - Winner takes all.

Any advice?

Full fibre broadband to the house via City Fibre and Vodafone. The full installation took just over an hour and is now up and running with 200meg download and upload speeds for 12 quid less than BT were charging me for 40 meg broadband over copper telephone wire, and the landline is included and is now VOIP. 2 year contract, very happy.

Full fibre broadband to the house via City Fibre and Vodafone. The full installation took just over an hour and is now up and running with 200meg download and upload speeds for 12 quid less than BT were charging me for 40 meg broadband over copper telephone wire, and the landline is included and is now VOIP. 2 year contract, very happy.
I had a contract with City Fibre a few years ago managing a vendor selection for a new ERP system. I was based in their Covent Garden office, with the odd meeting in Milton Keynes, but worked from home most of the time. They're a really nice company.

I had a contract with City Fibre a few years ago managing a vendor selection for a new ERP system. I was based in their Covent Garden office, with the odd meeting in Milton Keynes, but worked from home most of the time. They're a really nice company.
From the look of their vans the lead guy was from City Fibre and the others were sub contractors from Kelly comms. All really nice blokes and all worn masks for the duration.

From the look of their vans the lead guy was from City Fibre and the others were sub contractors from Kelly comms. All really nice blokes and all worn masks for the duration.
That would make sense.

Back