• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

I’ve also got a death plaque of a great uncle (killed in 1916), Never understood why anyone / any family would sell such a personalised and unique item 😕
Unfortunately many Death pennys were discarded sadly by the families,not out of disrespect but the pain of a lost love one,they did not want a plaque they wanted their husband/son back,bloody tragic.

My great grandad sold the Military Medal he was awarded in WW1 because he needed the cash.

I have the mini version of it that is to be worn with dress uniforms.
Amazing,he must of been a very brave man to earn that medal respect,i always bring my Dads medals out on the sideboard every remembrance weekend he was in Burma and Malaya in ww2.

We did a fair bit of research on my great uncle and found he was serving in the Anzacs. He survived Gallipoli, although hospitalised in Egypt for a short while, they were then sent to France where he was killed in July 1916. Never knew what hit him, sadly no remains left to bury 🙁

I know that my father wasn't in action during WW2.
I would love to know what my grandfather did during the great war.
This might be of use mate, if he continued serving after 1920 - don't know if there is a charge to use it

There are other archive sites available to search

I know that my father wasn't in action during WW2.
I would love to know what my grandfather did during the great war.

This won't help in your case but for anyone looking for answers, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission are a fantastic source of information. Still can't get over the fact he was just 17..... 🥺

1662617007544.png

Panettone - I think it's a travesty that it's not available all year round. But good news my first one of the festive season arrived today! Not favourite flavour - chocolate - but all that's available right now. Not had one since April when my Xmas stocks ran out

Last edited:
Cricket making a sensible decision to crack on and start playing from tomorrow. Now let’s hope the rain stays away.

Not happy, but made me laugh. Sent into Sainsbury Southend to buy a half cucumber whilst she was in Next. Decided to be a clever arse and get a scan gun as all the normal self- service tills were in use. My cucumber turned out to cost 0.40p at a card only scanner till and I was selected for a random basket check for my cucumber!

Not happy, but made me laugh. Sent into Sainsbury Southend to buy a half cucumber whilst she was in Next. Decided to be a clever arse and get a scan gun as all the normal self- service tills were in use. My cucumber turned out to cost 0.40p at a card only scanner till and I was selected for a random basket check for my cucumber!
In fairness to them it was probably not random and was more about checking you weren't trying to lift a few items that you weren't scanning. Half a cucumber could be deemed a bit suspicious.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RHB
In fairness to them it was probably not random and was more about checking you weren't trying to lift a few items that we weren't scanning. Half a cucumber could be deemed a bit suspicious.
I think it’s to Mrs RHB’s great credit that she’s been willing to accept half a cucumber all these years

Back