• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Are you going to get the letter framed? Have you heard how your Air Dog Kat is getting on since you last saw her?
I’ve got a few bits including my Afghan medal I want to frame together, this will get added.

Yes I have, I wanted to rehome her but she didn’t get on with other bitches and at the time I had just 1 female lab. She is living her best life in North Carolina with a former British Army guy. I speak to him regularly for updates on her.

My sons got a maintenance contract with British Gas ( i think ) to service his boiler. He had to call them out, they came yesterday & sorted the problem out in 2 mins ( low pressure ), yet he still had to pay a £60 call out charge.
Our original central heating and boiler were installed some 40+ years ago and one of the heating engineers serviced the system for years. He has now retired (as has the original boiler) and the next generation (his son) has taken over. It now costs me £240 per year for call out, annual service, parts and labour all in. Don't always get next day fix, but not far off. And we have the pleasure of still being friends with our original engineer and his sons kids. I feel very old at times!

My sons got a maintenance contract with British Gas ( i think ) to service his boiler. He had to call them out, they came yesterday & sorted the problem out in 2 mins ( low pressure ), yet he still had to pay a £60 call out charge.
£60 for low pressure. I presume they have fixed the reason for the low pressure (normally replacing the expansion vessel as that's the most common cause rather than just topping it up with water.

I've only ever had my boiler serviced. Service fee only costs £80 a year and all my boiler has really needed has been replacement gaskets seals which should get replaced every 2/3 years.

£60 for low pressure. I presume they have fixed the reason for the low pressure (normally replacing the expansion vessel as that's the most common cause rather than just topping it up with water.

I've only ever had my boiler serviced. Service fee only costs £80 a year and all my boiler has really needed has been replacement gaskets seals which should get replaced every 2/3 years.
I think the experts will tell u it’s not unusual to lose pressure a couple of times a year ?

Apparently the guy pressed a switch somewhere, & it was sorted. I presume something must have happened to make it 'trip out', as the guy said if it ever happens again, just to press the switch again!.

I think the experts will tell u it’s not unusual to lose pressure a couple of times a year ?
Agreed. Once or twice a year maximum. Always best to do it around when your heating comes on as (in the summer months) it will have been off and air gets trapped in the radiators. So when you bleed the radiators its best to top up as well.

Surprised he just filled it up and didn't check to see if there was something that was causing it. Mind you when your charging for boiler cover at £xx per year and you also charge a £60 call out excess little incentive to open the cover and check any of the main culprits

Out of interest checked how much the boiler cover is. Astounded at the amount they charge. From £228 up to to £324 a year (plus the £60 excess charge)

To put that into perspective i don't pay boiler cover and my annual service costs £85.00 ad this year (back in October when it was serviced) it required a new burner gasket at a cost of £26.00.

I guess it depends on how new the boiler is. Mine was fitted in when we moved into the property back in 2013 so its coming up for 10 years old and its a reliable brand (Valiant) Only cost is the annual service (Around when we put the heating on for the winter) and the occasional gasket or new seal is then required.

Car passed its MOT (22 years old and still going strong). Now just need to work out where the water in the drivers footwell is coming from.

Back