• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What price is acceptable?

• £350k or less

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • £350k-£450k

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • £450k-£550k

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • £550k-£650k

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • £650k-£750k

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • £750k+

Votes: 74 31.1%
  • Don't sell

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • Bart

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
I would have thought 500-600k would have been reasonable.

However if the 15k claim is true and they value him that much then more.

Just seen on twitter that it looks like that Sheff Utd are close to signing Ben Reeves.

Would they still want Ryan as well...????

Please tell me you arent taking that from Transfercentre9 .

That guy makes things up, Leonard has left 3 years running according to him.

Be interesting to see how much they pay for him. Different type of player to Lenny to be fair.

If it were true, nothing. He is on a free.

Lenny is priceless the fans love him and he is a major part of the team .I kow and understand that he wants to ply his trade at a higher league .But money isn't everything and with Southend he is a sure bet to be first on the playing side of things week in and week out . But the bigger the club the bigger the squad and with that comes the risk of sitting on the bench if things go wrong . Lets hope Lenny thinks long and hard before refusing his new contract offer .

I would say 700k is the best the club might get. But I could see him going for 500k plus some good add-ons.

Massive loss all together and if Ryan is willing to be here for another year rather then to leave, then would keep him of course. If he's unhappy then no point keep an unhappy player imo when we could get some sort of decent fee.

It's hard either way.

I would say 700k is the best the club might get. But I could see him going for 500k plus some good add-ons.

Massive loss all together and if Ryan is willing to be here for another year rather then to leave, then would keep him of course. If he's unhappy then no point keep an unhappy player imo when we could get some sort of decent fee.

It's hard either way.

Apparently the £500k plus add ons has just been swiftly rejected by Uncle Ron..per HITC

Apparently the £500k plus add ons has just been swiftly rejected by Uncle Ron..per HITC

How reliable is that site?
There is nothing from Chris Phillips.

This is the same site that said we were after Sonny Bradley (which we arent) and says we were after Jon Nolan.

It also says Holmes wanted to join Sheff Utd who has signed a new deal at Charlton.

So not overly impressed.

Chris Phillips just tweeted about the £500,000 bid from rejection from Sheff Utd.

How reliable is that site?
There is nothing from Chris Phillips.

This is the same site that said we were after Sonny Bradley (which we arent) and says we were after Jon Nolan.

It also says Holmes wanted to join Sheff Utd who has signed a new deal at Charlton.

So not overly impressed.

They're a proper media site

If he does not sign a new deal to extend his contract , then I think we have to take the money now.

No, why should we just take any old bid; it has to be right for the club, after all, we'll need to replace him.

There may be a price the club are willing to sell for, but only the club know that.

Totally agree!! Clubs these days are willing to pay out for **** unknown foreigners who are not tried and tested but as soon as there are young decent english players they just dont wanna pay

Can anyone on here please tell me why leonard is so valuable? Hes an average midfielder who runs forward and never beats his last man? Doesent assist with goals (wasnt in the top 5 of players who provide goals? Doesent score any goals? And ive never ever seen a goal come from the long ineffective throw? Other then that hes good:smile:

It's funny the psychology of losses weighing larger than gains.

Lets say we had an extra £500k in the bank and never had Leonard and had the chance to sign him for £500k knowing he'd rather be somewhere else and would 90% leave after one year. No-one would do it would they? But because we're talking about losing Leonard, we want more to outweigh the oversized loss.

For me if Sheff come in with an offer of around £750k and Leonard says he won't sign an extension with us we have to sell. It's reckless to bet £750k on Leonard being the difference between promotion and not promotion.

Can anyone on here please tell me why leonard is so valuable? Hes an average midfielder who runs forward and never beats his last man? Doesent assist with goals (wasnt in the top 5 of players who provide goals? Doesent score any goals? And ive never ever seen a goal come from the long ineffective throw? Other then that hes good:smile:

If you don't know, then there is no point in explaining :winking:

If you don't know, then there is no point in explaining :winking:

Rigsby, I appreciate what you are saying about Ryan Leonard. I agree with you he is a crucial player for Southend - probably the most crucial and he would be hard to replace - but surely it would not be good business to turn down anything over 600,000 when the player can go for free next June. Soccer is a short career, and it would be wrong to assume that Leonard will not be affected by speculation about a move to Sheffield United. I would be delighted if Leonard signed a three year contract with Southend, but somehow I cannot see this happening given the level of interest in the player from Championship clubs.

Rigsby, I appreciate what you are saying about Ryan Leonard. I agree with you he is a crucial player for Southend - probably the most crucial and he would be hard to replace - but surely it would not be good business to turn down anything over 600,000 when the player can go for free next June. Soccer is a short career, and it would be wrong to assume that Leonard will not be affected by speculation about a move to Sheffield United. I would be delighted if Leonard signed a three year contract with Southend, but somehow I cannot see this happening given the level of interest in the player from Championship clubs.

As others, including myself, have said....the key is promotion. Keep Leonard and gain promotion and risk losing him for free, or cash in and potentially not achieve promotion. The P word is definitely key this season.

Back