• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What would you prefer . . . .

Thurrock_Blue

Youth Team
A. Beating Dagenham and Redbridge tommorow 3-0 to get Arsenal in the next round at the Emirates and lose 4-0. However not get promoted

B.Drawing against Dagenham tommorow and then losing at their gaff but get to the Play Off Final.

Myself I'd go for B. I think Dave Kitson is a tosser for what he has recently said about not giving a s**t about the FA Cup but I personally would much rather us lose to Dagenham and get to the Play Offs than beat Dagenham, get an FA Cup run together and therefore find our league form (not that we've currently got form) suffer

I still blame the Carling Cup run and the distractions for relegation last season

B! No brainer - If we manage to somehow get promotion it's far more important than a meaningless cup game.

I'd quite happily get hammered 5-0 by Daggers tomorrow if it meant we were back in the Championship next season!

Option A.........we need to consolidate and build a decent team which won't come straight back down. I think if we went up this season we would struggle again. lets take the day out, have a bit of fun and settle in high mid table for a full assualt on the league next season

I still blame the Carling Cup run and the distractions for relegation last season

League over cup any day.

However with regard to the above comment we actually got a confidence boost from beating Man Utd and our form improved afterwards so I cant see how it could be to blame.

I want us to get a good result tomorrow as we need a win to lift the team.

Option A.........we need to consolidate and build a decent team which won't come straight back down. I think if we went up this season we would struggle again. lets take the day out, have a bit of fun and settle in high mid table for a full assualt on the league next season

totally agree, we would come straight back down. lets build a team that will stay in the championship, and go to a big club in the cup!

I'm more concerned about playing dirty Leeds 48 hours after a potentially massive cup tie against top opposition.

Option A.

Option B only suggests getting to the final - not winning it. I'd take the away day at Arsenal over being play-off finalists.

A tough one. A day out for us at Arsenal or Wembley would be fantastic. But given that option 'B' would still mean we've got a chance of promotion, it's 'B' for me.

A.. A season in the Championship is transient.. Man U. is forever

A.. A season in the Championship is transient.. Man U. is forever

1 season in the Championship earns the club a sh1te load more money via new supporters, Sky money etc that a one off game we're we'd get thumped by a 2nd string team of French 18yr olds.

1 season in the Championship earns the club a sh1te load more money via new supporters, Sky money etc that a one off game we're we'd get thumped by a 2nd string team of French 18yr olds.

Football is not all about money.. Well not to some of us anyway...
Though the original question did say we would lose the **** game

Football is not all about money.. Well not to some of us anyway...
Though the original question did say we would lose the **** game

Well I'm afraid it is. Without money we'd go the same way as Scarborough :(

This is bang on. Supporting your team, especially one in the lower leagues isnt about watching superstars week in week out and you know that glory in league or cup is rare. When you support a team like Southend you realise that it isnt always going to be smooth running and that the football isnt always pretty. The seasons are usually like rollercoaster rides bringing highs and lows.

Option A brings everything we could possibly want as a Southend fan. A bit of cup glory, a chance to play against a bug gun at an amazing ground, not to mention a massive money spinner and memories that stay with you as a Southend fan forever a la Man United.

Not gaining promotion this season is not going to be the worst thing in the world. The sooner some people realise that the better. If we get promoted then great, it means we are obviously good enough to be up there and we will have a crack at the CCC. However, I think most people know that we arent really good enough this season to get promotion. The fact that we are still searching for a decent strike force shows that we are still building our team. Plus we all know the defence needs some work in it too. We may not get promotion this season but by the end of it we may have built a good team that has gelled together and ready for promotion next season. Consolidation is important and promotion this year would mean 4 league movements in consecutive years. Teams need a chance to settle and not getting promoted this year can be a good thing.

League over cup any day.

However with regard to the above comment we actually got a confidence boost from beating Man Utd and our form improved afterwards so I cant see how it could be to blame.

I want us to get a good result tomorrow as we need a win to lift the team.
Thats what I thought. We were shocking before that game and after that we started to play better...

This season is all about getting to the 5th round of the cup.

If we do that (hopefully we'll get that elusive 6th round appearance) and get a top half finish, it will have been a decent season.

We've done the play-off thing, we've done the 2nd tier thing, the FA Cup run is next in line for us to sample.

This is bang on. Supporting your team, especially one in the lower leagues isnt about watching superstars week in week out and you know that glory in league or cup is rare. When you support a team like Southend you realise that it isnt always going to be smooth running and that the football isnt always pretty. The seasons are usually like rollercoaster rides bringing highs and lows.

Option A brings everything we could possibly want as a Southend fan. A bit of cup glory, a chance to play against a bug gun at an amazing ground, not to mention a massive money spinner and memories that stay with you as a Southend fan forever a la Man United.

Not gaining promotion this season is not going to be the worst thing in the world. The sooner some people realise that the better. If we get promoted then great, it means we are obviously good enough to be up there and we will have a crack at the CCC. However, I think most people know that we arent really good enough this season to get promotion. The fact that we are still searching for a decent strike force shows that we are still building our team. Plus we all know the defence needs some work in it too. We may not get promotion this season but by the end of it we may have built a good team that has gelled together and ready for promotion next season. Consolidation is important and promotion this year would mean 4 league movements in consecutive years. Teams need a chance to settle and not getting promoted this year can be a good thing.

first of all.....wow what a mouthful sammyo! ;)

second....bug gun.............?

xx

Back