• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question When will even the loyalists start to panic?

Unfortunately, it is not possible that all 24 league clubs can be pushing to win the league and fight for a promotion place. Sometimes you just have to deal with what you have. A financial situation will not change overnight. Why don't concerned fans come up with plans for the club to help or try and get extra sponsorship etc as opposed to moan? Ah yes that is why because that involves hassle and effort ;)

Yeah, I would rescue the club and ensure we could sign every player we wanted, but it's just too much hassle. As a fan, I do my bit by shelling out the pound notes to get through the turnstile. And if you're happy with mediocrity, that's just super for you.

Last edited:
Indeed it was. In response to a pointless post.

If you want big signings, money, huge fan base etc go and do some glory hunting. The fact is we support our local club and will do what we can, our bit, to help them out.

I take no pleasure in making a point that is relevant about not all clubs being able to compete for promotion and you throw an insult back my way. Mindless, and really not the reason I read the posts on this site and reply.

I don't disagree with your post but there are limitations at smaller clubs like Southend and that should not be forgotten.

I don't want to have to discuss this further with you.

If you want big signings, money, huge fan base etc go and do some glory hunting. The fact is we support our local club and will do what we can, our bit, to help them out.

I take no pleasure in making a point that is relevant about not all clubs being able to compete for promotion and you throw an insult back my way. Mindless, and really not the reason I read the posts on this site and reply.

I don't disagree with your post but there are limitations at smaller clubs like Southend and that should not be forgotten.

I don't want to have to discuss this further with you.

I've supported this club for thirty years - my main concern is that we won't have a club to support anymore. I'm not suggesting we can compete financially with the biggest clubs in our division, and I don't advocate irresponsible spending, but the combination of a transfer policy that makes a glacier look hperactive and the sight of the club's name in the London Gazzette worries me a great deal. I am panicking at the thought of relegation and administration. Don't play the ****ing glory hunter card with me son, it won't work. And if your last sentence contains some sort of veiled threat then you can kiss my black ***.

I've supported this club for thirty years - my main concern is that we won't have a club to support anymore. I'm not suggesting we can compete financially with the biggest clubs in our division, and I don't advocate irresponsible spending, but the combination of a transfer policy that makes a glacier look hperactive and the sight of the club's name in the London Gazzette worries me a great deal. I am panicking at the thought of relegation and administration. Don't play the ****ing glory hunter card with me son, it won't work. And if your last sentence contains some sort of veiled threat then you can kiss my black ***.

You are the only one coming across aggressive or threatening. My post meant that I didn't want to argue the topic or have to discuss you calling me names on this board.

I am sure you have the club's best interests at heart. Don't result to threats please.

Good points on both sides.

Southend is a small club with limited resources, but also a good fanbase.
We have a top manager and coach that cack like norwich/ ipswich would rape their nans for. We also have a chairman that looks like the guitarist from the Police. All good so far.

Unfortunately we have a squad that's thinner than a pigs dick which most likely will only be padded out by loan signings.
I'm not panicking, yet, but I am concerned. If we get a couple of injuries we could seriously be in the brown stuff.

And I can't get the image of Rusty's black *** out of my head.

Kind Regards

I'm not panicking and I won't panic. Supporting SUFC is hard enough as it is without making your self panic over something you have no control over. I'm just going to turn up August 8th and enjoy supporting Southend as I always have done.

Anyway I've got a divorce and a flat in negative equity hanging over your head and I'm looking forward to the distraction that football brings. I don't want to start panicking over SUFC otherwise my head will explode.

Last edited:
I see where your coming from mate, I really do.

But, I refuse to panic as it's the same pretty much every season and we haven't done too badly.

We are operating on a shoestring, everyone knows that. So finding the best possible players for our money is a bloody difficult task for Tilly, Brush and Ron (who is doing his best to keep this club afloat)

We have some very good players here. I believe we are 3 maybe 4 short of a play-off challenging side. I have every confidence that the players we evidently need, will come in eventually. Whether that means a couple of permanent deals tied up on Fri 7th August or a few loanees coming in as August ends, they will arrive...

Yes, this is far from an ideal situation again. We could lack cohesion and numbers for the first few weeks. But, we will have a side out there, which wears the blue we all love and that will do their bloody best to get the points on the board. So I think we just need to realise it is tough times ahead. The only thing we can all do about it is back the team and the club as whole. From the stands and via our pockets.

We still have our football club at this time and that is something we need to be grateful for.

Remember, Tilly always pulls it out of the bag. Just you wait...

That sums it up perfectly for me. Football has changed and so has the economy. While there will always be clubs like Huddersfield happy to throw cash about paying over the odds to bring in players early, others like us will have to sit it out, let the clubs in the Prem and Championship steady their ships and then pick up the bargains that slip through - just as we did with Dervite and Robinson (and to some degree with Federici, Sawyer etc).

Far from ideal we'd all agree but right now it's about survival while we prepare for the future.

When you take a step back and put our current situation in the context of our history, I think that it says a lot that we're so concerned about the prospect of a below par season in League One.

The financial situation is a concern, but one born of a change in the rules more than a major change in our own position as far as I can see. The debt to HMRC is not greatly increased from last year's, and given that our season ticket sales are up I have every confidence in our ability to pay it. I don't know whether there's any truth in the transfer embargo rumours, but you'd have to think that HMRC's interests are best served by agreeing a reasonable payment plan rather than perniciously undermining any goodwill that might arise from the agreements with the Football League that they've only just reached.

Above all I hope that the club have learnt their lesson and that the tax bill will be a higher priority next time around. I've said before and I'll say again that I think it's unrealistic to expect much by way of progress until we're in FF. If, until then, the club are focusing on limiting our financial losses rather than splashing out then that's fine by me. I think we've got enough talented, hungry young players on the books to see us through.

Last edited:
Oh go on then if it makes you feel better I'll have a panic...........

Oh no we're doomed,we'll get relegated,we'll go bust,Tilly will leave us, I'll have to turn out to make up the numbers,the catering will get worse,Anton Johnson will buy out Ron.Swine Flu's going to get everybody.

There thats better, now where were we?

Oh go on then if it makes you feel better I'll have a panic...........

Oh no we're doomed,we'll get relegated,we'll go bust,Tilly will leave us, I'll have to turn out to make up the numbers,the catering will get worse,Anton Johnson will buy out Ron.Swine Flu's going to get everybody.

There thats better, now where were we?

Sorry but there is no way the catering could be any worse.

mildenhall

sankofa
francis
barret
herd

grant
moose
macca
jfc

barney
laurent

good eniough - no panic

loyel south end is dey da ones wot only go to west ham wen dey at home not away games to lol

Back