• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question When will even the loyalists start to panic?

We have a 21 man squad. We're hardly down to the bare bones. We obviously need two permanent signings at the back and probably a loanee but should we get those three we'll have a far bigger squad than the one that we got promoted from this division with.

Our problem is that the squad is so unbalanced. Too few defenders, too many midfielders and too many striker.

We have a 21 man squad. We're hardly down to the bare bones. We obviously need two permanent signings at the back and probably a loanee but should we get those three we'll have a far bigger squad than the one that we got promoted from this division with.

Our problem is that the squad is so unbalanced. Too few defenders, too many midfielders and too many striker.

I'm glad someone is seeing the same squad as me.

If we sign a centre half (Alan Bennett), a left back (Matt Richards) and bring in a left winger (Matt Ritchie) on loan we will be laughing.

Mildenhall

Francis CB Barrett LB

Macca Sawyer Grant LW

Freedman Barnard

With the likes of Joyce, Masters, Sankofa, Herd, JFC, Moussa, Betsy, Scannell, Walker, Revell and Laurent on the bench and not picked.

This is a summer where we don't have to make plenty of signings and overhaul the squad like we have done previously. Just the odd tweak here and there and we will be in the top half again in my opinion.

Don't forget there is still plenty of good players available on a free like Sam Sodje, Matt Richards, Alan Bennett, Paul Ifill and Ishmael Demontagnac to name a few.

I'm glad someone is seeing the same squad as me.

If we sign a centre half (Alan Bennett), a left back (Matt Richards) and bring in a left winger (Matt Ritchie) on loan we will be laughing.

Mildenhall

Francis CB Barrett LB

Macca Sawyer Grant LW

Freedman Barnard

With the likes of Joyce, Masters, Sankofa, Herd, JFC, Moussa, Betsy, Scannell, Walker, Revell and Laurent on the bench and not picked.

This is a summer where we don't have to make plenty of signings and overhaul the squad like we have done previously. Just the odd tweak here and there and we will be in the top half again in my opinion.

Don't forget there is still plenty of good players available on a free like Sam Sodje, Matt Richards, Alan Bennett, Paul Ifill and Ishmael Demontagnac to name a few.

Spot on.

Now, just to get those 3 quality players...

We are operating on a shoestring, everyone knows that.

Do they? I am still struggling to understand why, or even if, we are operating on a shoestring budget?

Where have the club ever said they are in a bad position financially, and are having to be unbelievably prudent when it comes to signing players? I guess you may argue that the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and that the lack of activity spells it out, but if this is the case, why are we offering £100,000 for players then?

It can't be both ways - either we have no money, or there is money to spend. Is the lack of transfer activity down to a debilitating lack of funds, or is it down to us yet again taken an age to identify, and then sign, the 'right type of player'?

There are plenty of clubs in this league who are not cash rich - I suspect most of them have a full quota of players that can at least fill each position on the pitch. We, however, have one centre half, and a very youthful left back who I imagine Tilly would not want to rely on this season.

This squad over achieved last season, and that was down to the contributions of Sawyer, Devitte and Robinson - OK, we have Sawyer for six months, but we have lost both of them, and also our most prized posession in Peter Clarke.

Tilly is going to yet again have to pull rabbits out of hats to get this team anywhere near where we finished last season, but more worrying to me, is what kind of message is being sent to the other players in this squad when we are so bereft of transfer activity, and personnel in key positions?

I'm not on here to start pointing the finger of blame at people, but it seems that most have come to the conclusion we are a cash strapped club without the club saying so themselves. I am totally confused by the signals the club are sending out and surely I can't be the only one?

Tilly is going to yet again have to pull rabbits out of hats to get this team anywhere near where we finished last season, but more worrying to me, is what kind of message is being sent to the other players in this squad when we are so bereft of transfer activity, and personnel in key positions?

I'm not on here to start pointing the finger of blame at people, but it seems that most have come to the conclusion we are a cash strapped club without the club saying so themselves. I am totally confused by the signals the club are sending out and surely I can't be the only one?

Your last paragraph hits the nail on the head. As always like mushrooms, the club seems to keep us in the dark and occasionally issue a statement which is usually a smoke screen. As each day passes without possitive news, i get more concerned about our future.

I think the annual accounts speak for themselves, RC. And I cannot possibly let the assertion that Peter Clarke was our most prized possesion pass without a good chortle. Our most expensive possesion, true, but arguably a disasterous signing!

As a fan, I do my bit by shelling out the pound notes to get through the turnstile. And if you're happy with mediocrity, that's just super for you.

So what's the answer Rusty? Given that Ron isnt over flush, its hard to see what else can be done.

I think the annual accounts speak for themselves, RC. And I cannot possibly let the assertion that Peter Clarke was our most prized possesion pass without a good chortle. Our most expensive possesion, true, but arguably a disasterous signing!

Just as you and I were starting to see eye to eye too? :)

The annual accounts may say one thing - RM himself says, or at least implies, something completely different. As I said, totally mixed signals.

As for PC, well it's all a matter of personal opinion I guess, but anyone who saw his performances alongside Devitte last season will know and understand exactly what kind of player he was, and how wrong his partnership with AB was. He looked EVERY SINGLE PENNY a £250,000 centre half, and it's a shame we only got to see the best of him for the last part of last season.

Just as you and I were starting to see eye to eye too? :)

The annual accounts may say one thing - RM himself says, or at least implies, something completely different. As I said, totally mixed signals.

As for PC, well it's all a matter of personal opinion I guess, but anyone who saw his performances alongside Devitte last season will know and understand exactly what kind of player he was, and how wrong his partnership with AB was. He looked EVERY SINGLE PENNY a £250,000 centre half, and it's a shame we only got to see the best of him for the last part of last season.

So clarke cost 300 bags , but how much did we make from his equasiling header against Chelsea and also does League one work like the prem in that you get paid more the higher you finish , then if so ,Clarkes great form with DD propelled us about 7 places , as before that i'd of fancied my chances scoring against us .

If that is the case then it wasn't a bad signing what so ever .

So clarke cost 300 bags , but how much did we make from his equasiling header against Chelsea and also does League one work like the prem in that you get paid more the higher you finish , then if so ,Clarkes great form with DD propelled us about 7 places , as before that i'd of fancied my chances scoring against us .

If that is the case then it wasn't a bad signing what so ever .

Nope, the prize for winning League One is only about £50,000 and a smaller amount for 2nd place. The play-off teams share gate receipt money from the play off games. As far as I know that is where the prize money stops, 7th place & lower get nothing.

Nope, the prize for winning League One is only about £50,000 and a smaller amount for 2nd place. The play-off teams share gate receipt money from the play off games. As far as I know that is where the prize money stops, 7th place & lower get nothing.

Furry Muff ....even so he was in great form last season and i for one thought he was a decent signing

I'll stop panicking when we buy a quality centre half. I will stop panicking even more if we buy another quality centre half to play alongside him. Could do with an experienced left back while Herd still learns his trade, bringing him in for the odd game.

Back