• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it's playing at Wembley that makes last night special, something I have dreamed of seeing . Watching the JPT at Cardiff was good but I always wished it was Wembley.
For me promotion to the Championship was the best, Man U second just for the sheer theatre of watching Rooney and and co at the hall classic! It's never boring being a Shrimper:smile:

Couldn't be there last night but managed to stream the game (thanks for the link, Barnablue). Loved the scenes at the end of the game and then to cap it all, got a call to say grandchild Leon had just been born at 10.05. A perfect evening!

A great evening and congratulations, a better script could not have been written for you! Now a winner from Eastwood at Wembley...

Absolutely brilliant.

For a game of football, a one off, beating Man United is better. Getting a result at Chelsea and bringing them back to the Hall was the most fabulous day out and absolutely brilliant singing for 90 minutes.

But, for the prestige of getting to a Wembley final this has to make the result all the more better. The days out and experience of Cardiff was amazing, in fact the long boozy trip discussing past and present Southend history was quality. But, to run out at Wembley will absolutely be something else. This is a possible once in a life time for fans, players and all Southend United stakeholders.

For a competition that so few appreciate in the early stages it's amazing to think it will generate tens of thousands of blue flags waving aorund Wembley and for those that haven't been it's a truly special stadium. I went to a Rugby game there and the atmosphere was brilliant.

Treasure this and get family young and old to attend. It is a proud moment in Southend United history.

For me last night was the best night ever supporting southend for me for a number of reasons.

-Packed out Roots Hall
-The fact we won and had half a squad
-The fact that I was certain that we would lose
-The way the game went with us coming from behind twice
-The fact we scored in the 90th minute to send everyone into crazy mode
-The fact it is a moment I shared with my dad that I will never forget for the rest of my life

Just an amazing night and I'm thankful it happened. I don't care if we win at wembley or not I just cannot wait for the day!!

Promotions (and relegations) will come & go, visits to Wembley for us are once in a lifetime opportunities (so far). I've seen us go up & down more times than the preverbial tarts draws, and will no doubt see a few more yet. If I'd had to choose last night before kick off to either lose and get promoted, or win & stay in L2 for another year, Personally I'd take Wembley.

However both would be nice..

Promotions (and relegations) will come & go, visits to Wembley for us are once in a lifetime opportunities (so far). I've seen us go up & down more times than the preverbial tarts draws, and will no doubt see a few more yet. If I'd had to choose last night before kick off to either lose and get promoted, or win & stay in L2 for another year, Personally I'd take Wembley.

However both would be nice..

Same here don't care about promotion now tbh, obviously want it to happen but not gonna stress myself out about it. Going to Wembley pretty much trumps everything and winning a trophy there will be even better! I think we have blown our chances of automatic's now anyway and we will be scrapping to try and get into the play-offs.

Back