• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where is best place you have lived?

True, took some family visitors to Oban and Tobermory in September, stunning; and we had great weather with blissful ferry crossing. Very few rotten parts of rural Scotland though when you consider it, just the towns and cities need a bit of a scrub.

It can be a bummer if you have a few drams and lose your driving license with such a rural area:winking:.

Happens a lot up here, it's taking longer for it to become as socially unacceptable as it is down South.

Yeah, loved Skye and Glenuig when Ive been. Bloody midges though!

They are a bit of a drawback, but then it stops too many people coming up. When the A9 is duelled all the way to Inverness the Highlands will seem a lot more accessible, and then it will only be the midgies between us and a Sassenach* takover.

*The Highlanders regard any non-Highlander as a Sassenach, including lowland Scots.

Apart from a brief 6 months in Narrrrige, I've lived in the Southend area all my life. Can't imagine living anywhere else.

I've moved about quite a lot for obvious reasons (spent signifant times enjoying places like Colchester, the Falklands (amazing place) Germany, North Yorkshire and now Portsmouth). Up until recently I've always thought that I would end up settling in Essex and never really contemplated the idea of settling elsewhere. Now, I don't mind. I'd be happy to settle anywhere.

Wakering and Southend will always be home and one day I'd love to live near the sea again.

Know what you mean. Chiswick was fine because at least we had the Thames on our doorstep, but any time I'm back in South Essex I realise how much I love being by the sea (well, technically still the river when I'm in Canvey!) and a move to the coast is a medium to long term plan.

I've moved about quite a lot for obvious reasons (spent signifant times enjoying places like Colchester, the Falklands (amazing place) Germany, North Yorkshire and now Portsmouth). Up until recently I've always thought that I would end up settling in Essex and never really contemplated the idea of settling elsewhere. Now, I don't mind. I'd be happy to settle anywhere.

I'm off to the Falklands next month for the first time :smile:

Like Chadded I've moved around a lot and lived in a lot of places. I love Essex and would love to buy there but I do like Norfolk and would like to live around the sort of Thetford area. Bedfordshire was really nice, where I live in Oxfordshire believe it or not it's an absolute **** hole! If you drove past you'd think it was nice and posh but due to them dumping a load of housing association on the new estates we have a serious drug, theft etc problems. But other areas of Oxfordshire like Burford, Brize. Norton Village, Lechlade are very nice.

I'm guessing in the Catterick area? That's not far from one of the few other areas I would consider moving to, Wensleydale, particularly around the Leyburn area.

Ricey, if you want the lowdown on the Falklands, PM me. You'll love it.

OBL- yes, and I'd rather kill myself than be posted to Catterick, but the area? The area is lovely.

For me it has to be Great Malvern in Worcestershire where I spent 1999 to 2001 as a contractor.

Amazing scenery, great pubs, cheap rents and a very relaxed pace of life.

I went to Malvern on my first honeymoon, lovely place shame about the company I was with.

Lived away from South East Essex for 25 years but so glad to be back in the fold. To me its not about how nice a place is, its about a sense of belonging and personal history, for me Southend and surrounding areas is the only place I want to be!

You won't be surprised to hear me say HK. It's not what you might imagine. I'm sitting on my balcony surrounded by green hills and the only sounds are birds noise. Incredibly safe place, apart from housing the cost of living is as cheap as chips, food is incredible and I still have the madness of HK day to day life, shopping and nightlife.

My heart always was and is Southend but there is life outside it. Back on Friday for a week or so and can't wait to get back to RH again. Only seen a handful of games but that will include a Wombles double.

Back