• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Where to live? (Me working in Chelmsford, the missus in the City)

pickledseal

cowboy
Hi guys,

As this is the fountain of all knowledge, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions....

Basically, me and the missus are thinking of moving in together. Should mean I get my weekends back to visit the Hall for a start!

However, we are trying to find a decent location and decent price. I am still going to be working in Chelmsford (just off Broomfield Road, near Melbourne), but she is still going to be working in the City. Therefore, ideally it needs to be on tube, or trainline to London.

Price is the other consideration, as potentially she could commute from Chelmsford but train fare is around £350 a month. We were looking at somewhere that comes in not much over £800-900/month (preferably cheaper!) all up bearing in mind transport costs.

She wasn't too keen on Romford, an Epping area looks out of our price range...

Any other suggestions? Thanks ever so much in advance!

Hi guys,

As this is the fountain of all knowledge, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions....

Basically, me and the missus are thinking of moving in together. Should mean I get my weekends back to visit the Hall for a start!

However, we are trying to find a decent location and decent price. I am still going to be working in Chelmsford (just off Broomfield Road, near Melbourne), but she is still going to be working in the City. Therefore, ideally it needs to be on tube, or trainline to London.

Price is the other consideration, as potentially she could commute from Chelmsford but train fare is around £350 a month. We were looking at somewhere that comes in not much over £800-900/month (preferably cheaper!) all up bearing in mind transport costs.

She wasn't too keen on Romford, an Epping area looks out of our price range...

Any other suggestions? Thanks ever so much in advance!

There was a thread that i started a wile back with a similar request.....niot sure how i can find it but there were some really good sufggestions.....Any one know how i can post a link to it for pickledseal??

Not sure if this will work...

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37150

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Ha! no chance of that. She will already have planned an agenda for saturdays which will include shopping, trips to the theatre, out for lunch etc. Heaven forbid you dare to suggest an afternoon watching a football match. Shame on you.

Not sure on prices, but Ingatestone/Shenfield/Blackmore are all worth a look. Otherwise, try those villages around Chelmsford - Springfield, Chelmer Village, Broomfield etc.

Trouble is I already live in Great Waltham and it is a good price... but to find somewhere and to pay for the missus commute it would be too much ,as I said, £350/month train fare is too high.

We were thinking it will have to be somewhere closer to London either a12 (romford, upminster etc) or a414 (epping, south weald) but need some realistic, pricewise suggestions or recommendations!

There was a thread that i started a wile back with a similar request.....niot sure how i can find it but there were some really good sufggestions.....Any one know how i can post a link to it for pickledseal??

Not sure if this will work...

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37150

Thanks will have a look at that in abit more depth, but that is more Essex homelands rather than where I need to be looking I think

Anyone know whrere I can get train prices for monthly tickets etc?

sounds like you should get shot of the missus.. no more saturdays taken up, no expensive travel for her. And you get your life back..

Isnt that where all the chavs hang out? Particularly Clements Hall
Correct, there is a few chav hot spots. Consult ozzy on that part ;)

Clements hall is chav land on Friday nights, but during the day it's fine. The co-op shop they also like to hang around. Nice place though.

sounds like you should get shot of the missus.. no more saturdays taken up, no expensive travel for her. And you get your life back..

That's the way with women though ;) Age ol' can't live with them, can't live without them....

An annual season ticket from Southend on c2c only works out at 220 a month max.

So if you got a place in Benfleet, its a quick hop onto the A130 for You and a 200 quid a month traisn for her and that would leave £650 a month to rent

Upminster will be cheaper on the train but the closer you get to London the higher the prices get

Back