• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's the winger then?

Wouldn't be too surprised if Paul Brooker, who has today signed for Brentford, would've been on our list.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ June 24 2005,18:54)]Wouldn't be too surprised if Paul Brooker, who has today signed for Brentford, would've been on our list.
Was thinking the same, would've made an exceptional signing too.

Two more names to discount are Martin Bullock and David Beresford, who are both joining Macclesfield according to Ceefax.

How about puttin in an 18.5 million bid for Wright-Phillips, beating Chelski's supposed offer!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ June 27 2005,00:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 27 2005,00:03)]How about Willie McLaren from Airdrie... he'd be the business...
How about Wee Jock "Poo-Pong" McPlop from Aberdeen?
You are such a plank at times...

suspect.gif
upside.gif

The times in question are usually between midnight and 11.59 p.m. on any given day.

laugh.gif

Unlike your ridiculous post, mine was a genuine suggestion. Having seen Airdrie for myself last Christmas, and having had regular reports on them from the missus' Dad, they have had two quality players for the last season or so: Alan Gow and Willie McLaren.

Alan Gow has already been snaffled by Falkirk and will be plying his trade in the SPL next season.

Willie McLaren is, so far as I know, still at Airdrie. If Tilly wants a speedy player who gets to the by-line, has a good cross on him and can play on either flank (i.e. Mark Gower - but about twice as fast), then he should be having a serious look at McLaren.

So ner.

tounge.gif

Yeah heard lots of good things about McLaren, particularly on Soccer Saturday a coupla times last season.

If I was Tilly I'd seriously consider Daniel Karbassiyoon just released by Arsenal, quality American U20 international left-winger. Had a loan spell with Ipswich last season and really impressed me in the Carling Cup when Arsenal played the youngsters at Man City (think he scored that night too). One of him or Mitchell Cole will do nicely
tounge.gif

Back