• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who are these 639,000 people

Comedy is all very subjective in terms of who one may or may not find funny. For my taste it is Stewart Lee, Frank Skinner and Milton Johns who make me laugh.

Nobody EVER with the forename Russell has EVER been funny.

Russell Grant?

Russell Mulcahy? Director of Highlander 2 which is the biggest pile of crap after the genius of 1.

Hang on, it made my cry.

paul foot is quality
millican,miranda are beyond boring...and personally jack whitehall is going up in my estimations due to the fact the daily mail now hates him...

Jack Whitehall is good on panel shows, never seen him do stand up though, although thats the other DVD I got for xmas.

Saw Michael McIntyre at the Cliffs, most boring 2 hours I've ever spent. Thank God I only paid £17.50. If anyone ever gets the chance, go and watch Pat Monahan, unique comedy! He interacts with the audience, non stop laughing for a few hours!

None of these two bob ***** are worth a squirt of **** as comedians. Rodney Dangerfield and Bernard Manning. The Kings.

Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican are massive sacks of ****.

(In my opinion of course).

I've had funnier times having a dump than watching them.

Not sure how people ae putting Miranda and Millican in the same bracket for anything other than the fact they are both women?

Millican is quite tiresome, and her stand up seems to revolve mostly around the fact that she says the word vagina quite a lot. On the other hand, i quite like Miranda's brand of in-offensive silly humour.

Comedy is all very subjective in terms of who one may or may not find funny. For my taste it is Stewart Lee, Frank Skinner and Milton Johns who make me laugh.

Nobody EVER with the forename Russell has EVER been funny.

I do think you blokes generally tend to not like female comediennes ....Jo Brand, you don't like....Victoria Wood, you don't like. Maybe you're pre-disposed not to appreciate their more gentle but quite scathing in its way humour? Personally, I really like both Miranda and Sarah Millican, both of whom I follow on Twitter and find quite entertaining there too.

And I quite used to like Russell Harty, if only for the uncomfortable squirm factor! But you are absolutely spot on with comedy being subjective.

Doug Stanhope is the best.

You probably won't have heard of him, but give him a google. His response to an invite from Have I Got news For You is a decent starting point.

I do think you blokes generally tend to not like female comediennes ....

Jo Brand, you don't like....
Jo-Brand-001.jpg

Victoria Wood, you don't like.
p00f4hwb.jpg

Maybe you're pre-disposed not to appreciate their more gentle but quite scathing in its way humour? Personally, I really like both Miranda
miranda_hart_2.jpg

and Sarah Millican, both of whom I follow on Twitter and find quite entertaining there too.
Sarah-Millican-009.jpg

Women don't tend to be able to do humour but at least Tina Fey would have the decency to make me pretend to laugh. Purely in a 'Dude, I quite fancy your mum' kind of way you understand...

84061.jpg

I do think you blokes generally tend to not like female comediennes ....Jo Brand, you don't like....Victoria Wood, you don't like. Maybe you're pre-disposed not to appreciate their more gentle but quite scathing in its way humour? Personally, I really like both Miranda and Sarah Millican, both of whom I follow on Twitter and find quite entertaining there too.

I have nothing against female stand-ups, although I can't think of many that I like, I can think of far more excellent comic actresses. I quite like Sarah Millican, and although I'm not a fan of Miranda I can't really see why some actively hate her so much, inoffensive slapstick humour. No fan of Brand but Vic Wood and French & Saunders (more sketch though) are good, and more recently Sarah Silverman, Tina Fey, Kristen Schaal & Josie Long. Most of my favourite comics are men though, although I can't stand Peter Kay and Frankie Boyle lost his appeal after a while.

Have we had a SZ Battle of the Stand-Ups? I know we had a sitcom one.

Drastic™;1473551 said:
I have nothing against female stand-ups, although I can't think of many that I like, I can think of far more excellent comic actresses. I quite like Sarah Millican, and although I'm not a fan of Miranda I can't really see why some actively hate her so much, inoffensive slapstick humour. No fan of Brand but Vic Wood and French & Saunders (more sketch though) are good, and more recently Sarah Silverman, Tina Fey, Kristen Schaal & Josie Long. Most of my favourite comics are men though, although I can't stand Peter Kay and Frankie Boyle lost his appeal after a while.

Have we had a SZ Battle of the Stand-Ups? I know we had a sitcom one.
I have a slightly embarrassing crush on Josie Long.

I think it's pretty offensive to turn around and say 'blokes don't like female comics'.

Lucy Porter, Holly Walsh, Katherine Ryan - all very funny.

And I quite used to like Russell Harty, if only for the uncomfortable squirm factor! But you are absolutely spot on with comedy being subjective.

To be honest, I may have been one of about 3 people but the Morgana show was one of the funniest comedy shows I'd seen in ages. Likewise, Kathy Burke has been fantastic over the years

However, let's look at your statement though...

Brand (early 90s at least) - Men are crap, I may as well be lesbian

Wood - I'm not going to really comment much on as I grew up outside of her sketch show years and her just being generally dog**** and then putting the icing on the top of the **** cake with dinnerladies

Hart - Lofty unfunny sack of ****.

Millican - She'd be an ineffective office manager if she wasn't in comedy and probably been through countless amounts of disciplinary hearings over how inept she is, found her schtick in "ooh look at my accent" humour.

Oh and I'll throw Katy Brand into the mix, actually, just throw her into a fire.

Comedy doesnt actually have to be crude. Bernard Manning, Roy Chubby Brown, Jim Davidson and Frankie Boyle all fall/fell into that category - Not particiarly my cup of tea.
Also Joke tellers can be extremely tedious (Tim Vine for example).
Personally, i dont like Lee Evans (just a modern day Norman Wisdom), Michael McCintyre and John Bishop
However, there are clever comedians out there like Peter Kay, Billy Connolly, Kevin Bridges, Dara O'briarn (who i saw at The Cliffs recently) and they are really funny.

Back