• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be our next manager?

Who do we want as Manager

• Barrett

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • Fagan

Votes: 112 28.6%
  • Paul Hurst

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Tilson

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Tilson/Maher

Votes: 59 15.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Bentley

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 37 9.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Tisdale

Votes: 29 7.4%
  • Maher

Votes: 52 13.3%

• Total voters
Given the big thing Ron made of passion for club/almost a religion and it starting from the top/manager down then he has painted himself into a little bit of a corner as for me it precedes managers who have no previous history with the club. So I think he has done this because either he has the replacement lined up or has a very clear idea who will be on his shortlist.
That doesn’t mean he has to be an ex player though (You haven’t said it does i know), i took it too mean whoever is appointed needs to show the passion, get the players running through brick walls and buy into Southend UNited rather than being aloof

Given the big thing Ron made of passion for club/almost a religion and it starting from the top/manager down then he has painted himself into a little bit of a corner as for me it precludes managers who have no previous history with the club. So I think he has done this because either he has the replacement lined up or has a very clear idea who will be on his shortlist.

Yes, reckon you right there and an announcement won't be far away.

Can anyone see a Director of Football type scenario. A Maher and Fagan as Head Coach and Coach with say a Peter Taylor in the background? Someone like Taylor or maybe someone else well connected with the club who knows there way around the game and divisions- Taylor would be pretty cheap I imagine (most recently at Dagenham?)

Do you think he's already got someone?

In mind? Yes.

Actually signed up? No. Not quite.

As @Chrisb alluded to, Ron has probably had this planned out for months.

I’d say we’ll have someone installed by the end of the week, or early next week at the latest.

Can anyone see a Director of Football type scenario. A Maher and Fagan as Head Coach and Coach with say a Peter Taylor in the background? Someone like Taylor or maybe someone else well connected with the club who knows there way around the game and divisions- Taylor would be pretty cheap I imagine (most recently at Dagenham?)

Anything’s possible atm.

This might even be the perfect time for Ron to unveil that mythical chief exec, that he’s long talked about bringing in “at the right time”.

?

i know we will need some experienced players to help the youngsters but how many do people think ? surely we don`t want some manager bringing in his old 30plus mates not getting the results he goes then were back where we were . buy agree with some we need a akinfenwa type player up front because any lightweights will not survive long in league 2

If Fagan was the Head Coach then I could see Phil Brown as Director of Football - they're pretty close I think.

Paul Tisdale please. The MK Dons experience sullied his record, but they don't really exist anyway, so who cares about that!
Has lasting power (12 years at Exeter) and consistently over-achieved with a constantly changing playing staff at St James' Park - a club with meagre financial means.
Seems to have the character and mindset needed to deal with re-building a club around a crop of mildly talented youth players.

Back