• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be our next manager?

Who do we want as Manager

• Barrett

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • Fagan

Votes: 112 28.6%
  • Paul Hurst

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Tilson

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Tilson/Maher

Votes: 59 15.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Bentley

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 37 9.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Tisdale

Votes: 29 7.4%
  • Maher

Votes: 52 13.3%

• Total voters
I've said this before and I have been all alone in my thinking (nothing new there) but I will put forward an old name .............. out of the blue, so to speak.

He scored the first ever goal in the renamed "Premier Division", has managerial experience and has the heart of an ox, is tough and knowledgable and knows what it takes to win games .............

......... but he is unproven in England and lives up north.

I await your utter condemnation and contempt ...................

But he might be cheap as well!
Brian Deane? Wow - that is left of field! Last managed Sarpsborg 08 in Norway, left in 2014 and is now part owner of Kosovan side Ferizaj.

You'll get decent odds on him, I think!

I would like to think Ricky Duncan will be part of the new management team - he has been caretaker and if the future of the club is based around our youngsters, they have had experience of him and will no doubt respect his ability. He certainly deserves some sort of promotion and the time could be now. Not sure how he felt about his time as caretaker before but now s a totally different kettle of fish with the number of youngsters who will be playing.

tilly would sort a decent league 2 team... we are now in a proper poo league which ive seen many many times since the 1970's and we need physical strong players..not guys whos arm keeps snapping or youngsters who will get bullied of the ball .. yes we need some young flare players which we have but we need a few priors or corts...

Is there many goalkeepers that have made it as a manager?

Is there many goalkeepers that have made it as a manager?

Interesting question. For us? Not that I can remember off the top of my head. @Napster can you name any?

But I’m not prejudiced, I don’t care what position they played, as long as they do the business.

And Roycey is a Southend hero of mine, so I’d be happy with it

He must have someone lined up already ,when you get a update from the chairman earlier in the week what came out of the blue ,
I certainly was not expecting it

He must have someone lined up already ,when you get a update from the chairman earlier in the week what came out of the blue ,
I certainly was not expecting it

I had a feeling, although I didn’t expect it this soon, tbh.

I do believe Ron has a target in mind.

You could see it. Followed by a statement of how he knows more than any other manager in the world. He has the arrogance.
Don't give him any ideas. Was it Ron Noades? - was Chairman at Wimbledon, Crystal Pace and the Brentford I think- when the latter got relegated appointed himself as manager and got them promoted...

Heart says either Adam Barrett or Kevin Maher. Both would have the clubs best interests at heart and would be seen as long term appointments given their status with the club. Both know the club well and both would instantly have the support of the fans.

I’d also be in favour of someone like Paul Tisdale. He did a fine job at Exeter but always fell just short. He also got MK Franchise up although they have a much larger budget then we’ll have. Even so, he knows this league very well and I think would do a great job. I would also be worth the appointment just to see his stylish clothing on the roots hall sidelines.

Everybody is wanting Adam Barrett and Kevin Maher but aren't they under contract at their clubs ? Getting them in would surely involve compensation or God forbid a poaching charge.

It’s really important for the manager to be passionate about the club, so it has to be ex-player/ex-manager. Barrett and Tilly fit the bill. Tilson was treated appallingly and deserves a key role. He would be ideal to guide the inexperienced Barrett.

Back