• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think I'm relieved about this.

I don't think Parkinson's brand of football would have gone down well here. Yes, maybe this season everyone would have bitten their tongue if he got us back on track but next year people would start moaning and we could find ourselves back in the same place again. Add in his Col Ewe ties and whilst he's qualified for the job he doesn't seem a good fit for us. Lincoln (and their history of long ball) suits him better.

Not bothered. Reckon he'd be a bit disappointed to be here. Feel like his career was on a downward slope. Need someone positive, someone who sees the good in the club and the players.

That was years ago.
History doesn't die. They have far more in theirs than ours which would all contribute to the size of the club. They're bigger than us in just about every single department.

Yes they regressed due a massive financial crisis and now they're back in the second tier with an approved new stadium on the horizon. If they didn't have the financial issues they'd probably never of been below us in the leagues.

S

Sorry Jai but Luton are no bigger than Southend.

Luton is a much bigger club than Southend. Not in terms of catchment, but history.

They have been a top flight club as recently as the start of the 90's and have won major silverwear in the form of the League Cup, and I believe were FA Cup runners up as well.

PHIL Parkinson is not interested in the vacant managerial position at Southend United, Echosport understands.

More...

That could well be a statement put out by his agent because it’s becoming clear he won’t be selected. There’s no insight in that statement, but in the event that he was interested but going to be unsuccessful this would head off any suggestion that he failed to land the role.

Just a thought.

That could well be a statement put out by his agent because it’s becoming clear he won’t be selected. There’s no insight in that statement, but in the event that he was interested but going to be unsuccessful this would head off any suggestion that he failed to land the role.

Just a thought.

So what if he has the same agent as Powell, never heard that as an excuse to rule out a candidate at any other job

So what if he has the same agent as Powell, never heard that as an excuse to rule out a candidate at any other job
I think the article is implying that he has spoken to the agent as it was the same one as Chris Powell. I'm not reading that as they're ruling him because they have the same agent lol because that would be silly now.

I think I'm relieved about this.

I don't think Parkinson's brand of football would have gone down well here. Yes, maybe this season everyone would have bitten their tongue if he got us back on track but next year people would start moaning and we could find ourselves back in the same place again. Add in his Col Ewe ties and whilst he's qualified for the job he doesn't seem a good fit for us. Lincoln (and their history of long ball) suits him better.

I’m also relieved. It’s no coincidence that he makes all his appointments on Tuesdays

History doesn't die. They have far more in theirs than ours which would all contribute to the size of the club. They're bigger than us in just about every single department.

Yes they regressed due a massive financial crisis and now they're back in the second tier with an approved new stadium on the horizon. If they didn't have the financial issues they'd probably never of been below us in the leagues.

As I have said I based my argument on average attendance and league position over past 10 years.

Back