• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what if he has the same agent as Powell, never heard that as an excuse to rule out a candidate at any other job

The agent might have a good idea of just how bad any financial situations were....ie of the players had in fact not been paid at any point....he’d also know how any conversations / negotiations went with CP as he left....and he’d know how long it took for CP to be paid outstanding money / wages after being sacked....

Any of that might be reason enough to put off another manager who shares the agent!!!

As I have said I based my argument on average attendance and league position over past 10 years.

A clubs size should be based on fan base and not previous achievements. Based on your argument I assume you would consider Wimbledon to be bigger club than Southend

A clubs size should be based on fan base and not previous achievements. Based on your argument I assume you would consider Wimbledon to be bigger club than Southend
Wimbledon are dead but they were a bigger club than us.
AFC Wimbledon are not bigger than us no.

As I have said I based my argument on average attendance and league position over past 10 years.
Further research says we haven't average more than them at home going back to 12/13 season only checked that far back so you're basing purely on league position haha

Further research says we haven't average more than them at home going back to 12/13 season only checked that far back so you're basing purely on league position haha

Ffs get al life. I just made a comment on a forum backed it up with an argument. It didn’t warrant an insult (myopic?)
Our average attendance is very similar to Luton’s across past 10 years.
Let’s just agree to disagree and get back on topic.

When Newcastle hit hard time they had crowds of about 16,000 so did Chelsea. That never made them smaller than say Ipswich.....Just a big club at a low.

Luton has always been a bigger club and their town is bigger than ours. One thing we do have in common is large sections of community that have no interest in their local football club.....For different reasons of course.

I would be really , really surprised if Ainsworth wanted to leave Wycombe, they have new owners, cash injection and got off to a really good start. Currently top of the division.

The new owners must be happy, he must be happy, why leave?

As for Parkinson, if he has just left Bolton and doesn't or hasn't needed a loan to get through periods of no pay, why would he step out of the frying pan, into the fire, so to speak, with reference to occasions when our staff haven't been paid.

For me it makes a Barrett/Tilly combo more attractive, but one word of caution I have on that.

Barrett's lack of experience, is it too much of a gamble for Ron. Tilly was heavily backed up by Brushy in his previous tenure, which I don't think he would be tempted back from Spurs development staff.

Time will tell whether this option would be too much of a gamble with Ron.

Rowett, for me would be far more tempted by Lincoln imo. Maybe if they hadn't come into the mix, after being out for a while we might tempt him, but he wouldn't come down as a player when we wanted him, and he hasn't left the midlands so far in his managerial career , so I would rule him out. That's just me though.

Sol Campbell is still a possibility imo. Once again he would bring publicity with him as he did to Macclesfield and he didn't do too badly there at all with a limited budget and still has a lot he wants to prove. We would be a step up on Macclesfieid. Does he have too much baggage though?

These and many other questions will be answered in the coming days/weeks in the new series of Soap.....Confused you will be!! lol.

Looking at who is left I think we should go for Barrett also what is the plan for the current back room team in place now Parkinson is out of the running who is left maybe Neal Ardley

We probably won’t have appointed anyone by Saturday and will end up sneaking a win. Then Waddock will get the job til end of the season.

Certainly not what I’d like to see.... just what I could see happening.

We need someone better than waddock even if he stays on as assistant I feel like with him in charge we are down

We probably won’t have appointed anyone by Saturday and will end up sneaking a win. Then Waddock will get the job til end of the season.

Certainly not what I’d like to see.... just what I could see happening.

Why?

Tilly took over as caretaker 20 November 2003. He wasn't made permanent manager until 11 March 2004, by which time he'd already guided us to the JPT Final.

Think we need the appointment asap ...why waste another couple of games instead of bedding in the new regime .
Parky clearly didn't like the vibe associated with RM.
Until FF is resolved we are not an attractive proposition and the fact that Phil Brown was sold that pup shows how long Ron's sales pitch has been going.
The fact that Lincoln is seen as a better prospect is thoroughly depressing.

Back