• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who will come in for Tilson this summer ?

Norfolkshrimp

First XI
Plenty of bigger clubs within commuting distance that will either be relegated or have had a poor season by their standards and be looking for a new manager.

I predict;

Norwich - will really go for it this time, they wanted him a couple of years ago.

Charlton - in severe financial trouble so may have to stick with Parkinson for another season as will have trouble convincing anyone to go there.

Reading - If they don't go up could be a major surprise as Coppell is always talking about leaving and they can't afford a big name.

BUT my prediction is Ipswich - fans have wanted Magilton out for a couple of years, easily within travelling distance, the only reason they might go for someone more high profile is the new "investor" might want somebody more experienced before releasing wads of cash to spend, but people are questioning whether he really is going to put more money in as they haven't seen the cash back up the talk so far.

I think we should be very worried over the next few months as once again Tilly is in the shop window.

But he's still under contract here anyway, and I presume would want PB to go with him which I'm not sure how many of those clubs would want the kind of set up we have. Actually, I wonder how that works, pay wise...........?

Nobody from higher divisions!

He hasn't really shown much in the first half of the season to make people want him. Teams like Norwich will look for somebody who can get them up & keep them up & with little money, Norwich won't be coming in for him.

nobody, lucky for us Tilly isnt a "fashionable" manager so although he is a much better manager than Dennis Wise, Paul Ince, et al, it will be them that get the jobs at QPR, Naarwich, Charlton, etc.

I cant see anyone coming in either. Without going too deeply into the 'footballing side', I think that Tilly and Brush are contracted for another 2 seasons at least anyway. For the sort of club that would be interested, I think it would be too big a gamble to pay the club off and give them the sort of contract they would want.

Nobody from higher divisions!

He hasn't really shown much in the first half of the season to make people want him. Teams like Norwich will look for somebody who can get them up & keep them up & with little money, Norwich won't be coming in for him.

IMO Norwich will stick with Bryan Gunn, their very own Tilson if you like. I don't think Reading will sack Coppell, however he may decide to walk, he's done it before. If Charlton are skint they may well stick with Plankinson, and Ipswich are rumoured to be looking at bigger fish than Tilly.

Tilson is number one on the wish list of the Norwich fans up here if Gunn either gets the bullet or walks.
It also depends on where they finish up. They will try and get a 'name' if they save themselves in the championship but if they get relegated they may well look for a proven lower league manager to get them back up and Tilson may be interested with their resorces.

I don't know, I think Tilson is under the radar as far as a lot of these Clubs would be concerned. Fortunately for us.

No one man is bigger than the Club but I fear for our prospects post-Tilson.

i''d like to think he'd stay but it all depends on how happy he is here and how much money he is being given for next year to spend etc etc.

Another season with Tilson trying to make somthing out of nothing, could well see him move on. I think he has worked a minor miracle this season, to take us where we stand know.

He won't go anywhere. Norfolkshrimp do you ever have anything positive to say? Tilly will stay build up the team this summer and we will be in and around the playoffs next season

He won't go anywhere. Norfolkshrimp do you ever have anything positive to say? Tilly will stay build up the team this summer and we will be in and around the playoffs next season

Show me a post where I have been negative then, let's not get personal muppet.

Show me a post where I have been negative then, let's not get personal muppet.
I have only seen your posts in here and the Swindon game thread were you were just moaning about how Tilson was doing everything wrong, the players weren't up for it, we would never make the play offs even if we won every game which we wouldn't. Anyway I don't want to argue about you.

Don't think Tilly would leave as he is in the middle of rebuilding a team, a new stadium on the way, a secure job, long contract at his favourite club. Unless there was an amazing offer why would he turn it down? If Reading go up and Coppell leaves then they would be looking to get better than a League 1 manager in and especially after seeing his form every year over Christmas. Tilly is a great manager for a good Championship team or a League 1 team but not the Premiership yet and can't see him leaving that soon.

Back