• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hate that 'easy' chant with every bone in my body.

It's tolerable when the opposition strikers give you such quality entertainment as that wedged effort over the South Stand. Can't say I've seen one like that since Cortez Belle started a one man game of rebound against the flats behind the South Stand!!

biggrin.gif

That was a partucularly laughable attempt on goal. I cerrtainly haven't seen anything go that high over the stand!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 04 2005,19:22)]If some of you regulars thought the West wasn't up to the Southampton/Col Ewe standards I've clearly been away too long  
tounge.gif
Forget I said anything - i will go back to my hole!

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 04 2005,18:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpa @ Sep. 04 2005,19:34)]the reason it was so quiet in the north west was because the security kept making us all sit down ...
God forbid! In an all-seater stadium where the rules and regulations state that everyone must sit down?! And they made you SIT DOWN?!

WS
Sorry mate, but that sounds very sarcastic and not a little hypocrytical.

After all, when talking about games in Spain, you are quick to point out how you went to a La Liga game and how the fans were getting up to all sorts that created a good (if hostile) atmosphere. The sort of thing that would be cracked down on in English grounds because of the health and safety regulations and how much better the laid back Spanish attitude is.

Best make your mind up what your your view point is on these matters before making such sarky comments, surely?

It was fairly quite in the North West until the last 10-15 minutes really, it felt like a Sunday afternoon game to be fair!

I saw some....

apparantly there were 300-odd.

But I didn't hear them. They must have Col Ewe-itis (or the ability to be seen yet not heard)

laugh.gif
That miss was shocking, I think the number 12 spotted me laughing at him.

Southendsleeper, good crowd? Not sure what game you were at, I thought the crowd was poor today. Except for the west stand chavs there was a lack of atmosphere. Very quiet in the south anyway whereas it's been loud there for the other home games this season. Maybe the fact that it was on a Sunday had something to do with it. The Oldham fans were silent too, you wouldn't have thought there were any there if you couldn't see them.

As for the game, a deserved win. Excellent first half performance, went off the boil in the 2nd but managed to keep Oldham at bay and hang onto the 3 points. Man of the match, there were a few contenders (Cole for his 2 superb crosses for the goals, Edwards for some excellent defending) but my choice is Gower. He's finally starting to look like the player we saw in the 03/04 season. His first goal since March, hopefully more to come.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Sep. 04 2005,21:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Sep. 04 2005,18:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpa @ Sep. 04 2005,19:34)]the reason it was so quiet in the north west was because the security kept making us all sit down ...
God forbid! In an all-seater stadium where the rules and regulations state that everyone must sit down?! And they made you SIT DOWN?!

WS
Sorry mate, but that sounds very sarcastic and not a little hypocrytical.

After all, when talking about games in Spain, you are quick to point out how you went to a La Liga game and how the fans were getting up to all sorts that created a good (if hostile) atmosphere. The sort of thing that would be cracked down on in English grounds because of the health and safety regulations and how much better the laid back Spanish attitude is.
Read your last paragraph again, Andy. In English grounds there are clear rules and regulations that say you must sit down or risk being expelled from the ground. That is what I was pointing out. Yes, it's a helluva lot different (and better) here in Spain but that's not what I was indicating ... I was merely pointing out that the stewards were doing their job. I've edited my original post ...

WS

Jeez ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Sep. 04 2005,22:09)]Southendsleeper, good crowd? Not sure what game you were at, I thought the crowd was poor today. Except for the west stand chavs there was a lack of atmosphere. Very quiet in the south anyway whereas it's been loud there for the other home games this season. Maybe the fact that it was on a Sunday had something to do with it. The Oldham fans were silent too, you wouldn't have thought there were any there if you couldn't see them.
Curious...usually its just the North west I can hear, but I thought we made quite a bit of noise...

True about the Oldham fans I dont think I heard them at all, but there was only a very small group of Oldham ones there

The Oldham fans were rubbish, dont think they even cheered when they scored!!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Sep. 04 2005,23:39)]The Oldham fans were rubbish, dont think they even cheered when they scored!!
laugh.gif
I certainly know one of them did

ghostface.gif

(he was sitting next to me!)

Back