• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SupaBlues

Coach⭐⭐
I have been a big supporter of Phil Brown since he came here but today was the first time that I felt the reason we didnt win was down to poor tactics. Sorry but today was a must win, as are all games from now if we are to even make the play offs, so why leave it until 85 minutes before bringing on a second striker? Corr played well today but cant do it on his own. Straker was ineffective today and Hurst went missing in the second half. Everybody could see, except Phil Brown, that the game was there for the taking especially when we nosed ahead. Even when they equalised, and their goal just about sums up how things are going at the moment, why didnt we bring Barnard/Eastwood on then?

Good question...although a better question would be why no Laird. I must watch a different game because I though Laird was our stand out midfielder (performer) Tuesday night!!!!

You could tell what kind o performance was coming from Straker after ten woeful minutes!!!

I was mystified too as it was crying out for either Barnard or Fred to come on to try and push for the winner and yet Barney appears with four minutes left on the clock?

Totally agree about Laird. He did all that could have been demanded of him on Tuesday. Would have liked to have been a fly on the wall as Brown explained his omission to Laird. The player must already be thinking about where he will ply his trade next season.

Atkinson needs a rest, isn't having the impact he had earlier im the season. Laird needs a run in the starting 11 and now is the right time

Indeed pointless times for the subs. PB post match interview was embarrassing rather than Wycombe's tactics.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, listening to BP, it didn't sound from the off that it was going to be one of Straker's good days. Why the f**k did it take until a few minutes from the end to sub him? :angry:

I thought we might have seen a double Fred/Barney substitution to try and gain a bit more impetus. Tilly was always criticised for the lateness of his subs, I thought Brown was different, but he seems to have slipped into the same ineffective trap.

I think PB didn't know what subs to make. I also think he worries about players getting injured and having to come off after he has used his subs so he holds off making changes until very late on. Our luck and confidence is right down and so is Phil's.

To be honest we may have had a full quota of subs but Barney and Fred are a shadow of their former selves. Wouldn't hold out a lot of hope of them changing the course of a game. Had expected Laird to start so he could have come on at any time.The real problem, there were not many options on the bench to change things and make something happen.The reasons for not winning this sort of game run an awful lot deeper than late subs.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, listening to BP, it didn't sound from the off that it was going to be one of Straker's good days. Why the f**k did it take until a few minutes from the end to sub him? :angry:

Its funny how Straker divides opinion. Yes he was in different in the first half (although he did have our first effort on target - weak header), but the first 20 minutes or so of the 2nd half, he was our best player with his runs and crosses down the left and forcing corners (can't remember if it was his cross that led to the corner for the goal) and he had a swivel turn/shot that went just past the far post. It is fair to say overall he created more or had more efforts at goal than some of his other midfield colleagues.

If a side lacks confidence, why not give players who don't a run out...... our young players or benched guys, surely they will have a bit more drive than the same old selections every week?
How many times do we get to the bye line cross the ball in, only for their defenders to easily head it out.... time and time again ... try something different

Last edited:
Back