• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggy's ratings,

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Aug. 14 2005,01:09)]Tilly obviously see it the same, took em both off and what a breath of fresh air that made to the game!
Tilly obviously does not see it the same way or Smith would have started!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Aug. 15 2005,01:51)]Well, I've suggested playing Bentley on the right and I still think that's an option...
Is that just an attempt to find a place for Bentley in the line-up though? He's unproven out wide and surely there's more than one better option wide right than Bentley in the squad?

Gutts, Gower (so long as he feels like it) and maybe even Smith (although Smith said himself that he's much happier in the middle).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 15 2005,11:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ Aug. 15 2005,01:51)]Well, I've suggested playing Bentley on the right and I still think that's an option...
Is that just an attempt to find a place for Bentley in the line-up though? He's unproven out wide and surely there's more than one better option wide right than Bentley in the squad?

Gutts, Gower (so long as he feels like it) and maybe even Smith (although Smith said himself that he's much happier in the middle).
Bentley can play out wide and has done so for us on a few occasions. He wouldn't necessarily have to hog the touchline, and could tuck in like Petts did last season (and on Saturday) when we don't have the ball. He would also provide more dynamism going forward and occasionally has made surging runs down the right - see the move that led to the penalty against Bristol Rovers at home in April last season, for example.

Although I agree with you that Gower is currently the most natural choice on the right, Tilly clearly doesn't want to play two wingers from the start so realistically it's a battle between Guttridge and Petts for the right-midfield berth, with Bentley an additional option. While Smith possibly could do a job on the right, he would be wasted there because he would have less options on the ball than he would in the middle, where he has the ability to hurt teams with his touch and vision.

Back