• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

can't believe wiggy is giving collis a 4 when he did come out for crosses and make two in particular brilliant saves. well done to him. think a 6 is fair.

oooooowwww...put your hard hat now mate

Good Luck

:)

Collis did failry well , made a good claim of a cross in the first half and a couple of decent saves.

Do agree with Wiggy to an extent that he didnt look commanding, one corner in the first half he got no where near and there were some crosses he was indeed rooted to his line for. His kicking wasnt as good as normal either last night.

I would say a 6 was fair, a 4 is just absurd.

'wiggy's ratings' threads are all the same, gives the right ratings for everyone apart from collis, unless its daryl in goal he will always give the keeper a rating that he knows is wrong, after christmas he'll probably give him a negative rating. he probably goes round daryls house and wipes his ****.

If he looked confident like there keeper did then i would say so, however in my honest opinion he looks worse on crosses and general 6 yard box stuff than, Flavs, Bart and Emberson. Surely those that went tonight couldn't say they were happy with his aerial display, heart in mouth stuff!

All of these keepers have weaknesses and strengths. In my opinion the difference is that Flavs' were so widely known among the lower leagues that I truly did get that "heart in mouth" feeling everytime a ball over 8ft in the air was put into the box.

With Collis, his weaknesses are a little more distributed through his game. The opposition would struggle to identify a single tactic that they could guarantee would trouble him. And one thing I do prefer about Collis is exactly the opposite of what you obviously believe; and that's the fact that my sphincter doesn't go into spasms everytime a high cross comes in and I'm actually surprised when we concede a goal rather than expecting it to happen.

I was in the west last night and agree that Collis 's kicking was indeed rather poor and didn't instill me with great confidence on his claiming of crosses , i personally thought that the only way we was gonna conceed was going to be through a set piece , and in true Southend fashion that was the case.

I would say that Barrett and Calrke are very much to blame as from the free kick they defended too deep , they should of defended on the edge of the box , but instead decided to hold their line on the penalty spot and we got punished , Collis however should of been screaming at them to hold the line further up and when they finally scored they were right on top of Collis.

Rant over as i thought it was a much improved perfomance tonight, with the front two linking up superbly and their general movent and pace and vision scared the life out of Huddersfield.

The midfield worked very hard and ran the show , also thought that Gower and Hammell linked up well on the left in the first half, Hammell let himself down with 3 poor corners in the first half.

If we can keep the team we had last night fit and playing with that pace and passion then i feel we will be up there abouts at the end of the season.

Simply really , we keep Clarke and Morgan top 7 , without them top 12

It was never a free kick that led to their goal though.

Back