• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Flavs 8 kept us in it again with brilliant save, thought it was in, repeat we are lucky to have him as he is better than this league, his lack of height is our gain!
Che 6 done o.k.
Eagle 6.5 got in plenty of headers, done a fair job
Barrett 7 blocks and headers kept em out!
Hunt 6 still think Jupp is a better overall package.
Maher 7 steady and reliable in the middle.
Gutts 5 give the ball away a lot and still can't believe he is in front of Smithy.
Cole 5.5 didn't get involved too much
Bents 8 can't argue with 2 goals and his commitment
Gray 5.5 not a lot came off for him
Freddy 7 looked dangerous and could have striked at any minute
Subs didn't really have time to make an impact and the ref gets a 1 as he was the biggest spoiler of a football match ever witnessed and should be struck off forever!

Thanks wiggy, I must say I am starting to look out for your ratings now.

Still think Bart should be recalled though

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

I will tell you what he did, refused to let the game flow with that bleeding whistle, in my opinion a worse sin than calling the odd decision wrong!

I thought Hunt had a great game, far more solid defensively than Jupp and better going forward. Also thought Wayne Gray worked his socks off and was Freddy's equal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ Oct. 02 2005,00:36)]Gutts 5 give the ball away a lot and still can't believe he is in front of Smithy.
Is it not because Smith has yet to achieve full match-fitness?

WS

Agree about the ref. The amount of times he could have played the advantage was truly unbelievable. Saying that, our first goal came from one of those incidents so we can't complain too much.

I also thought Gutts wasn't as impressive as he has been and looked dissapointed in himself as he got subbed but seemed to have cheered up by the end of the match when he and Hunt were prancing about.

It was probably the worst performance in our 8 game won, but hey, we won, so who gives a sh*t!

The ref was far too picky, I agree. Didn't think Gutts was as bad as a 5, but he's had better games than yesterday. Gray was worth at least a 7 for his workrate, though!

The ref was awful, didn't let the game flow at all. Blew his whistle for everything. As for the team:

Flavs 7, Hunt 7, Barrett 7, Edwards 6, Wilson 6, Bentley 7, MAHER 8, Guttridge 6, Cole 6, Gray 6, Eastwood 7.

Maher was my MoTM, at the heart of all our good play. I thought Hunt and Barrett defended well too, and 10 out of 10 for Hunt and Guttridge for their celebrations at the end.
laugh.gif

that ref is one of the worst in the division and he is far too card happy and doesn't let the game flow.

The games total of only 4 yellow cards must be a new record low for him and surprisingly he didn't send anyone off.

I think that Gray was far better than Eastwood first half but seemed a little selfish in the second when we were looking for a third.

To be fair though, first half, neither striker really got a sniff cos they seemd to completely shut down our central midfield. Hessenthaler yet again proving his worth to their team even in the twilight of his career.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Oct. 01 2005,23:57)]What did the ref do that was so bad?
i thought the ref was poor. I didn't think the game was that dirty (especially compared to rotherham last week) but somehow the ref managed to award 35 free kicks,the highest in the division yesterday. It was like he had a new whistle and couldn't stop using it.

I think your ratings are too hard on the back 4 - all of them had a good game IMHO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 02 2005,08:48)]It was probably the worst performance in our 8 game won, but hey, we won, so who gives a sh*t!
Dare I say it, but that's exactly what will separate the top 6 from the rest of the table come May - those that got something out of games when they underperformed. I just hope we can keep it up.

Back