• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggy's rating's

No, no, ESB, Moussa did not get to the line, but crossed from about level with the edge of the pen area so hugely different. And I still say it's his ankle that's making him shirk challenges not the booking thing.

No, no, ESB, Moussa did not get to the line, but crossed from about level with the edge of the pen area so hugely different. And I still say it's his ankle that's making him shirk challenges not the booking thing.

Either way he shouldn't really be playing. For what it is worth Macca is a good player, who is just not playing as well as he can do at the moment. Although I didn't think he was bad yesterday I didn't think he was good either, he just didn't really get involved much in the game, which considering where he plays is sad.

Sawyer was class when he came on yesterday, no-one can deny that.

And yes I do know a lot about his nocturnal activities, he is out as often as I am.

It shouldn't matter too much where he's putting the ball in from as long as he's getting it into the right areas... I'm not denying it was a fantastic assist, but to use that as an example of why McCormack should be picked ahead of someone else isn't accurate as Moussa's made those kind of passes before, as has Sawyer in previous games and late on yesterday. As it happens, the link up play between Sawyer and Moussa down the left flank was superb and caught their Right Back in knots.

Whether it's his ankle or his looming ban, if he's shirking out of challenges for whatever reason then perhaps he shouldn't be starting ahead of the likes of Sawyer. We need everybody on the pitch to be giving 100% at all times.

I think the positive result has made a few people overlook what were some pretty horrendous errors yesterday. Possession was given away countless times by the midfield and, if Kuffour and Dickson performed as well as they can do, it could've been oh so different.

I think the positive result has made a few people overlook what were some pretty horrendous errors yesterday. Possession was given away countless times by the midfield and, if Kuffour and Dickson performed as well as they can do, it could've been oh so different.

Yep, they had 4 or 5 really good chances in the second half we were a tad fortunate to get the 3 points in the end I thought Mildenhall had the best game I've seen him have for us.

Mildy 8 excellent from start to finish, good in the air, good blocks, kept us in it
Francis 6 usual quality and a bit of dreaming
Grant 6 done ok in an unfamiliar position
Friend 6 ok but have had better left backs, looks all at sea sometimes
Barrett 7 usual solid display
Christophe 6 useful blocker but doesn't create
Macca 3 bottles it, goes backwards and sideways and OBL could shoot better, time for a rest
Moose 6 quiet for his ability
Douggie 7 some excellent lay offs and touches
Barney 8 two more goals and working hard
Sawyer 9 mom, only on for 20 mins but showed what he adds with class and drive, opposite to Macca, what is the matter with Tilson?
Laurent 8 they couldn't handle him first half, big asset when on song.

Well done wiggy, fully agree. Mildy was excellent once again.

OBL don't rise to the bait.
What Wiggy knows about football you could comfortably fit on the back of half a postage stamp.
Did not go yesterday as working but a good win against a high flying team. Apparently this was acheived in spite of Macca being useless apart from setting up goal number 2 while golden boy kicks his heels. Funny how Tilly who spent his career in midfield won't play him and apparently Coventry and Wycombe managers felt the same. But what do they know.

If you went to matches then you may get to see how golden boy injects forward pace, movement, accuracy etc as opposed to an injured crab going through the motions!

There's already a thread for this....it's called

Match Ratings

Wiggster, you're such a diva.

Keep up to speed, the match rating's were late going up, so i started one up when i got home, your'e such a jealous snail!

If you went to matches then you may get to see how golden boy injects forward pace, movement, accuracy etc as opposed to an injured crab going through the motions!

I have to say I actually believe that potentially our best midfield partnership could well be Grant and Sawyer - I'd love to see them start together. Come to think of it I'd just like to see Sawyer START, he makes such a difference to our play.

Back