• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Wiggy i can understand your frustration at the lack of signings last season which ultimately lead to our current position in now being in league one, but in all honestly what would have been your squad for this season just gone and also next season.
what you have to bear in mind is the fact that we are still relatively a small club , with not many selling factors going for us ( i.e ...very dated ground, not great facilities and not paying great wages ' apparently' ).

I don't follow SUFC through tinted glasses and can appreciate some of what your sayin as yes Tilson has made some strange transfer moves, but has also worked wonders with some very average players.

Me personally i would of gambled towards the middle of last season to try and avoid the drop and would of brought in a centre half and also a forward of expereience as what was very obvious to me is that we never had any players in the 'been there , done it ' mould to calm our younger players, because they gave it their all in many a game, but got punished for some very naive defending and looked clueless sometimes going forward.

Whats to sat that Tilly didn't try getting the above, but was halted by the fact that we are not deemed a big cub.

I for one know that Tilly is a very proud, passionate and tough person and i wouldn't for one minute believe that he enjoyed the latter end of the season.

Naive and tacticly inexperienced at CCC level..........yes

not trying his hardest to get players in .........no

And she will still moan we can't win Jon..:)

To be fair, with just Darryl and Smith in the team (as the only ones deemed worthy), it will always be a bit of a struggle. Wiggy would be quite right to moan about the size of our squad.

Perhaps it would be time to bring back Luke Guttridge?

Back