• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not sure I agree with the anti - Dicko sentiments.

Assuming he comes back fit and the injury has no long term effect, he is a good and proven striker at this level. A fit Dicko with Harris and some backup on the bench (plus Bilel) is top drawer at league 2 level. We are sure to sign at least one more striker in the summer and I still think Benyon can do a job, though reckon he needs to get a bit sharper in pre-season.

Freddy ? Who knows ? If he's genuinely fit and we can afford him, maybe. If doubtful on either count, then say thanks for the memories, leave sentiment aside and move on.

Why do half our fans look backwards? Give them Ron Martin's job, and they'd appoint Tilson, sign Eastwood, and no doubt try and coax Shaun Goater out of retirement. Did you know there are thousands of other footballers out there. Did you also know its not 2004/2005 any more?

If we play to our strengths and create chances, we don't need Eastwood! Mohsni will bag 15 if he gets regular games. So will Dickinson. Harris is a far more proven player than Eastwood will ever be, and Benyon looks like he could find the net if he got the service (he'll be another Charlie Macdonald who goes and scores for fun elsewhere).

All we read on this zone is Eastwood Eastwood Eastwood. We had him in his prime - why not let someone else pick up the bill now he's past his best.
Not sure I agree with Eastwood being past his best, but I agree there are plenty more strikers out there, it wouldn't be the end of the world if Freddy didn't sign, it would just be a nice addition that would help bring in fans.

Yeah why would we want one of the best players we've ever had coming back, silly us!

Best player we have ever had at that time. He isn't the player he was. Not sure if it's fitness or lack of desire. I remember when he was with us before, every time he got the ball I got excited. This time round I didn't feel that excitement once.

That said, he would do a job in L2

Best player we have ever had at that time. He isn't the player he was. Not sure if it's fitness or lack of desire. I remember when he was with us before, every time he got the ball I got excited. This time round I didn't feel that excitement once.

That said, he would do a job in L2
Honest? I certainly did, his first game back at the Hall you felt whenever he got the ball he could do something special. Unfortunately service to him wasn't the best after that. He could still do a decent job in L1 imho.

I Would love to see a "Barry corr" Freddie Eastwood" partnership as on paper it would have goals written all over it. Sadly it his my heart talking and not my head, could it happen....Maybe! Will it......Probably not. The thing is, I keep thinking that we got freddy and he scored 20-25 goals and took us up, maybe what we are paying him would become insignificant

Honest? I certainly did, his first game back at the Hall you felt whenever he got the ball he could do something special. Unfortunately service to him wasn't the best after that. He could still do a decent job in L1 imho.

Honestly I didn't. Back in the day he would receive the ball 25 yards out, back to goal, spin and go. Didn't do that once this time.

I also found it rather tedious that even when he lashed a shot hight wide and handsome with no composure, most the ground chanted his name. Had it been anyone else, they would have been slated.#

He is living off the past and I don't buy into that

Would rather Harris in the team than Eastwood, always puts in a shift and is fit. I do not feel that Eastwood fits that criteria which should be a minimum requirement when signing a player.

Dont think Fred will be staying .. If clubs come in for our players ( think that may well have happened already by the way ) they are going to be our utility / midfield / defenders not our strikers and we will have to reinforce there first before new strikers come onto the agenda

Cut in from the edge of the box took it past a couple of players and shot from outside the box, classic Eastwood!

Corr will say on twitter what he's saying because Luggy has been loyal to him and given him a scouting type of job. Of course he won't have anything against him also because Luggy is about the only manager who will take him on on a new deal. As a player I think he will struggle now. His injuries won't go away and Freddy will not sign in my view.

As I said not so long ago after speaking to a certain " upstairs" official at the Club, the Echo confirms wages might be the stumbling block to Freddy returning full time. At the Mo he doesn't want to take a considerable cut which he will have to do if he wishes to come back here. If he doesn't then that will show what he rerally thinks of Blues despite his words to the contrary. And the hero worship thas placed on him as I've said before is ridicolus. He maybe older than when he was last here but he is still the same in as much as the P*** taking he has towards the Blues faithful rather like he was doing before. Shame most on here are not able to be aware of it.

As I said not so long ago after speaking to a certain " upstairs" official at the Club, the Echo confirms wages might be the stumbling block to Freddy returning full time. At the Mo he doesn't want to take a considerable cut which he will have to do if he wishes to come back here. If he doesn't then that will show what he rerally thinks of Blues despite his words to the contrary. And the hero worship thas placed on him as I've said before is ridicolus. He maybe older than when he was last here but he is still the same in as much as the P*** taking he has towards the Blues faithful rather like he was doing before. Shame most on here are not able to be aware of it.
Shame on you for disparaging our Freddy in this way! :thumbdown:

Whatever you may think, I'm sure taking an effective wage cut of about 75% will be a major factor in him making a decision....nothing to do with what he really thinks of the fans!

obl people have been surprised by his attitude towards Southend United and it hurt them as they really couldn't believe he of all people ( being their favourite) of course would say such things. If you knew the Half of it OBL you would know me and others are in our rights to disparage him as you put it. He has been disparaging towards Blues in the past and present.

I don't know what we did around here before we had blue79 and his amazing CONTACTS at the club.

If you knew the half of it, OBL. If you only knew.

Back