• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Go back to what I said on here when Freddy returned beefy. you'll find how I said it would pan out is how it panned out. No it wasn't I was sticking my neck out and guessed luckily . I happen to know officials at a lot of Clubs Coventry included and the person in question there could not believe we were taking him on. They couldn't wait to get shot after he carefully mentioned a few things that were going on with him. That is why I was sure his coming back wouldn't be a match made in heaven but then when a few on here become obsessively diluded with one individual one will become blinded as to why it won't work out. For me you didn't have to know certain things to arrive at that opinion because I thought it was obvious.

Furthermore Freddy was not a Sturrock signing. The idea was Gary Lockett's sanctioned by Ron Martin. It wouldn't have surprised me if they knew the team were going to fall short so bringing in Freddy and opening the north bank was designed to appease the fans as much as possible for when the non-promotion was confirmed. They'll say at least we tried certain things and to a degree maybe they were right to do so but Freddy was not going to work.

For me to to bring myself to a close on this thread I'll say it'll be interesting to see if Freddy signs for us soon and after a good pre season see if he can improve. But as I say wages are an issue. Between the end of march and last week, the duration he was here, he didn't stand a cat in he'll's chance of delivering properly.

but is that Dickinson's fault. We were most effective when Dickinson was on form. It was when he got injured our form drifted away and only come back when Eastwood come in.

Both league games against Crewe they couldnt handle Dicko he bullied their defence and we badly needed that last night.

Id love to see a fully fit Eastwood and Dickinson partnership next season.

Yep this is what I think, plus Mos at the back in place of Barker and two wingers not one!

"Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss"
Won't get fooled again.The Who.:winking:

Excellent ... Who lyrics !

Magically bored,
All back for a corner. (or something a bit like that)

5:15

We might end up his best option anyway. I thought he looked a very different player, for starter he clearly wasnt anywhere match fit and needs to lose some weight, but he looked a far more intelligent player than we had before. he was all about speed and taking on players before, this time he was more about getting it, pass and move etc with a bit of the old Freddy thrown in, he rarely wasted a pass. The question would be, he went to Wolves adn it didnt happen, he went to Cov and for a while he did ok, but no one came in and offered anything apart from us. So we might be his only option but one that he would be happy with and im sure with a full pre season behind him we will still see a good player and a fitter one.

He is still only 28. But he needs to relieve himself of this chip on his shoulder as he has only himself to blame for his failures at Wolves and Coventry. As I said earlier don't like his recent attitude either towards Blues. If he can sort this out he'll feel better and then might start producing more on the pitch. Coupled with accepting a hefty wage cut of course.

never mind the wage cut blue79, he should just be happy with first team football, i mean let's face it he is not exactly snowed under with offers is he

In reality money will be at the forefront in most players eyes in the most part. Lack of offers? Where's your evidence. They'll be a few others interested in him and in all honesty I know there are.

all i know is mate i heard that he would always like to come back to us but also said this is a bit to soon so that puts me of the idea of him signing but i would like him to

In reality money will be at the forefront in most players eyes in the most part. Lack of offers? Where's your evidence. They'll be a few others interested in him and in all honesty I know there are.

What exactly ahs he done/said that has upset you and others?
Genuine question as personally I don't want anyone here who does not want to be here

I'm sure in truth Fred would give us a little consideration in terms of joining Blues but theres also an element of spin surrounding his public views on this ij the Echo. To try and gain the right kind of buzzing atmosphere for the play offs. And probably to get him noticed again. I'm not ruling out completely he'll join Blues but if/when better paid offers come in for him from elsewhere I don't think he'll stay here. Which makes a mockery of his earlier words that he's desperate to join his home town club again. He's not short of a few bob so in that respect he'd gladly take the cut and sign immediately. Will he do that , no. If he does sign for Blues it'll be late on in the summer when he's digested all offers and options. What I know of him and his comments stays with me and my people . Not for subject on here.

Furthermore Freddy was not a Sturrock signing. The idea was Gary Lockett's sanctioned by Ron Martin. It wouldn't have surprised me if they knew the team were going to fall short so bringing in Freddy and opening the north bank was designed to appease the fans as much as possible for when the non-promotion was confirmed. They'll say at least we tried certain things and to a degree maybe they were right to do so but Freddy was not going to work.

Woah hold on here - the North Bank only happened because I asked Dave Jobson to trail it, he did and we made some good noise so the idea stuck and became a regular thing - so no it was not the club who designed ANYTHING

The idea is good. But I really don't think Corr will add much as far his playing abilities are concerned now.

Woah hold on here - the North Bank only happened because I asked Dave Jobson to trail it, he did and we made some good noise so the idea stuck and became a regular thing - so no it was not the club who designed ANYTHING

Well now I don't know what to believe. blue79 and his CONTACTS (he's in the know, don't you know?) say something else.

Prob wrong to say it was designed to appease but your idea was beneficial to the team and atmosphere. Being in the North Bank I didn't actually knock as it was a good idea.

Back