• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you still attend next season?

Will you still attend next season?

• Yes

Votes: 293 73.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 47 11.8%

• Total voters
After yesterday I’m resigned to our fate. I will be there as soon as we are allowed back into grounds, even if it’s National League, and the plan is to attend as many home and away games as possible.

I’ve really missed match days, and especially away trips and there are some interesting local-ish away days;

Aldershot
Barnet
Boreham Wood
Bromley
Dagenham & Redbridge
Dover
Eastleigh
Maidenhead
Sutton (if they don’t go up)
Wealdstone
Woking

Also, slightly further afield going to Weymouth & Kings Lynn will be great days out.

Id also be looking at travelling up to Notts County, Chesterfield & down to the ‘Riviera’ that is Torquay !

So lots to look forward to... eh!?!?
and don't forget Col U :LoyalSupporter:

I understand it may be different for those of you with season cards & those who travel all over the country every other week to watch the rubbish we've served up in recent times, but for me as someone who can't go every week & tend to pick & choose games to go to, it won't make any difference. Going to the footy is a once every 4 or 5 weeks thing for me so it will still be something I'd look forward to whoever we're playing. I suppose I don't go enough to have had the enthusiasm knocked out of me!

I think that might be the attendance from when fans were allowed in, some of those clubs didn't have a chance to even allow a handful of fans in
Yeah, you're right. I did see some ifollow attendances from other clubs in the division and I think we are looking at around 8-900.

Couldn't really afford 400 quid for a season ticket the last time round. Not sure I can justify 400 quid to the Mrs for non-league football.

Its in our blood. That's the beauty in all of this ****e. No matter what I will still be there.

Am I the only one looking forward to national league football next season ? Ok I’d rather stay in the football league but I’m actually looking forward to going to a fair few away games I’ve never been to, I’ve been supporting this club for 37 years now and love the national league and lower leagues, I’ll go to a few home games but more than likely more away games if we get the tickets, just hope we don’t get stuck in the national league for a few years:Sad:

Couldn't really afford 400 quid for a season ticket the last time round. Not sure I can justify 400 quid to the Mrs for non-league football.

Also, it could be that fans may not be permitted if a third virus wave comes along. The club could not offer ifollow as compensation. Some non league clubs have their own streaming service but not all are of good quality.

I can't wait to get to Roots Hall again. I don't care who we're playing.

Relegation always hurts and this one more than most. But there's still thousands of Clubs beneath us in the Pyramid. The story isn't over.

Am I the only one looking forward to national league football next season ? Ok I’d rather stay in the football league but I’m actually looking forward to going to a fair few away games I’ve never been to, I’ve been supporting this club for 37 years now and love the national league and lower leagues, I’ll go to a few home games but more than likely more away games if we get the tickets, just hope we don’t get stuck in the national league for a few years:Sad:
I wouldn’t say “looking forward to it” but the new grounds and away trips might be interesting. What I’m dreading is being battered by these teams and starting poorly and being in another relegation fight. If, it’s a big if, we get some momentum going it might help rebuild this club and we can rise again. Just a few wins and some goals would be nice.

I can't not go, even if I tried. The amount of times I've promised myself (in order to save myself from getting angry) I won't buy a ifollow pass this week but do last minute. Ron and some of the players have been let off big time this season not having fans there.

Last edited:
Back