• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With apologies to Hils - the Thursday Quiz

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Open to all today, and probably far too easy being as the source is aimed at kids!

1. In Greek mythology, who killed the Minotaur?

2. What was the number of Dick Dastardly's car in Wacky Races?

3. In feet, how high is Ben Nevis?

4. Of his 11 brothers, only one was actually Joseph's (of the dreamcoat)full brother - which one?

5. Who was the 3rd person to find a golden ticket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?

6. What are the names of the three Powerpuff Girls?

7. How old will the programme Blue Peter be this year?

8. 3 Liverpool players scored for England in that epic 5-1 win over Germany in 2001. Heskey was one, who are the other two?

9. What is the real name of the Fat Controller?

10. Which of Henry VIII's wives was the youngest when he married her?

Last edited:
1) - Theseus

8) is incorrect as it was Michael Owen who scored a hat-trick. Gerrard and Heskey got the other two.

Ok, Blue Peter is indeed 50 this year, and Violet Beauregarde was the 3rd ticket holder, Sir Toppham Hatt is the Fat Controller.

Dick Dastardly's car was not double 6, and Henry VIII was not married to Lady Jane Grey.

5 down, 5 to go.

Ok, Blue Peter is indeed 50 this year, and Violet Beauregarde was the 3rd ticket holder, Sir Toppham Hatt is the Fat Controller.

Dick Dastardly's car was not double 6, and Henry VIII was not married to Lady Jane Grey.

5 down, 5 to go.

I meant Jane Seymour, but think it's actrually Catherine Howard

I meant Jane Seymour, but think it's actrually Catherine Howard

I thought you did! Yes, it is Catherine Howard who was only 13 or 14 - and already an "experienced" young woman. Mind you, the Boleyn girls were a lot younger as well than they are portrayed in The Other Boleyn Girl film.

3 left I think - Ben Nevis, Dick Dastardly and the Powerpuff Girls.

I thought you did! Yes, it is Catherine Howard who was only 13 or 14 - and already an "experienced" young woman. Mind you, the Boleyn girls were a lot younger as well than they are portrayed in The Other Boleyn Girl film.

3 left I think - Ben Nevis, Dick Dastardly and the Powerpuff Girls.

Did a geography field trip to Ben Nevis and it's in the region of 4000ft I think.

Back