• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That is why it was a straight red card, he jumped in without even looking for the ball so he no control over anything and yes I am a ref for 16 years and I would have sent him off

So if the punishment is to fit the crime what would you do to the Portmouth player who knocked BBBC's tooth out, cracked and cut his cheek (unpunished as yet...)

Just the merest hint on consistency would help

Posted on a Pompey boardSelsey Bill wrote:
blue architect wrote:
It started to get a bit rough in the middle with aerial battles really demanding yellow cards but the ref let it flow, you could sense that a red was coming, just not which team was going to loose a man.

The player who should have been sent off first was Bradley. I had a very clear view from which it was also clear that the refs view was blocked and their player was rightly incensed because Bradley very clearly elbowed him.

Their player was then rightly sent off.

What worries me is if Corr is out this Saturday, we have NO-ONE (other than Reid I guess).....

Here's hoping if he does have a fractured cheekbone he can play with a mask. :unsure:

So if the punishment is to fit the crime what would you do to the Portmouth player who knocked BBBC's tooth out, cracked and cut his cheek (unpunished as yet...)

Just the merest hint on consistency would help

what would I do, if I had been in charge of a game like this and I had seen the incident then a red card would have been shown of course.....daft question to be honest, I can only assume that the Ref didn't see it, as already mentioned earlier, red card has not been contested by Southend so they must have reviewed and been convinced that it was a red.

Back