• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

Matt this is what the club sent me,

Thank you for booking on to see the progress being made at our new training ground, which is continuing at pace and on schedule.

The new facilities will, over time, prove a major ingredient to the club’s future & success and are the first step in the club’s relocation plans.
The tour will commence at 10.00am, so please arrive by no later than 9.50am. The attached google maps screenshot shows the location of the training ground, which runs parallel to Fossetts Way, situated just north of the road. Access to the training ground can be gained by Sutton Road. If travelling Eastbound from the A1159, take the first exit at the roundabout before Boots and Laces training ground and head northbound past Southend Fire Station as well as Southend Crematorium. Heading straight over the next roundabout, continue on Sutton Road past the set of houses, and just after the Bus Stop on the right, follow the path round to the car park. We appreciate it may be quite hard to find so please see the attached image to give you an idea of where to travel.
PLEASE NOTE: WELLINGTON BOOTS SHOULD BE WORN
We look forward to welcoming you to an exciting glimpse of Blues' future, and if you have any questions please do send across

Is it here?...

1671223908583.png

I'm on the later tour at 11:30

Found a couple of emails from Rylee in my spam folder - todays 11:30 tour has been moved to 10am.

Unfortunately I can't make that - if anyone wants 2 tickets for 10am tour (meet 9:50) let me know your email address and I'll forward tickets on

Went and had a look this morning. Lots of activity. Heavy diggers are still on site and there are piles of earth where the match day parking will be. There was also a man with a theodolite next to a big excavator doing his thing but nowhere near the pitches, in fact just behind the hoardings on Sutton Road. Not sure what this is about. I didn't think the match day parking was scheduled for now. Still they are doing something which can't be bad.
Grass is getting longer and greener but a long way to go. The last few weeks must have stopped the growth.

I will post on this thread as it is related.

I read that the leisure, cinema centre which the council proposed and sold Lucy Road/Seaway car park off for £1, and further scuppered FF plans a few years ago, has gone and is going nowhere despite a promised £10 million of Southend City's rate payers money.

Surely SBC MUST take some responsibility for the ever shifting and delayed fortunes of our football club?
Could that money not be put to use?

This is a question i spoke about to a few members from here today at the game.

Why, if what we are being told is the truth, IE: that once we move to the new training pitches and vacate BL huge funds will be released and all will be hunky dory, why are we not just training elsewhere in the meantime for a few months.

That would make the most logic sense to me all round. It makes zero sense to just sit and struggle through with some staff still awaiting October wages and the club on a constant downward spiral.

Answers on a postcard please.

Last edited:

Why, if what we are being told is the truth, IE: that once we move to the new training pitches and vacate BL huge funds will be released and all will be hunky dory, why are we not just training elsewhere in the meantime for a few months.

That would make the most logic sense to me all round. It makes zero sense to just sit and struggle through with some staff still awaiting October wages and the club on a constant downward spiral.

Because it's a lie

We would have to pay to train elsewhere and we can't afford that.

Why we can't train at roots hall for a couple of months though is beyond me, the costs involved would be minimal

I think it's down to the conditions in the planning permission. Work at B&L cannot start until new training ground is ready. I'll try and double check that tomorrow when I'll have an hour or so to look

Why we can't train at roots hall for a couple of months though is beyond me, the costs involved would be minimal
As @Cricko quite rightly said to me at the game today, we’re always told that vacating the old training ground would release a flood of dosh for the new build. So why not vacate now and trouser the money, and get on with the stadium?

If that helps the cash flow you’d think we could sort out some grass to train on and just move the gym kit and medical stuff to Roots Hall. We might even be able to pay all the staff on time then too.

Money is bound to be a big part of the reason somewhere along the line but it does seem a bit odd.

Either way, the new training pitches will be ready in a couple of months so we’ll see what happens then. It’ll need to be a corker of an excuse if we get to March and are still up **** creek.

As @Cricko quite rightly said to me at the game today, we’re always told that vacating the old training ground would release a flood of dosh for the new build. So why not vacate now and trouser the money, and get on with the stadium?

If that helps the cash flow you’d think we could sort out some grass to train on and just move the gym kit and medical stuff to Roots Hall. We might even be able to pay all the staff on time then too.

Money is bound to be a big part of the reason somewhere along the line but it does seem a bit odd.

Either way, the new training pitches will be ready in a couple of months so we’ll see what happens then. It’ll need to be a corker of an excuse if we get to March and are still up **** creek.

My memory served me correctly - conditions in the planning permissions states the new training facilities at Fossets (not anywhere else) must be ready before Boots & Laces can be built on

1672086364692.png

It isn't just the 1st team, it is the age and youth set ups too.
And the physio, the gym, the indoor equipment and set up.
The Len Forge Centre might be more suited?

My memory served me correctly - conditions in the planning permissions states the new training facilities at Fossets (not anywhere else) must be ready before Boots & Laces can be built on

View attachment 23986
Thanks for digging that out but point C. Are we having a new clubhouse that soon i thought that was in the very last stages of the development, i guess to adhere to the terms we will have some sort of base.

I think Bigdady covered this in posts 618 and 620. Temporary facilities at Roots Hall and the training ground whilst FF is developed. The pukka training building is as you say virtually the last thing to be built.

Thanks for digging that out but point C. Are we having a new clubhouse that soon i thought that was in the very last stages of the development, i guess to adhere to the terms we will have some sort of base.
I think clause d allows the temporary clubhouse

Probably because they can't afford to rent anywhere.

BecuSe it’s not happening we were all promised we needed planning to unlock our fortune then it was builders in now it’s training ground compLeted there simply isn’t ever going to be a fortune

Back