• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup in Brazil......scary thought!!!!!

Aberdeen Shrimper

Fifa, football's world governing body has awarded the 2014 tournament to Brazil.....a brave move, considering that Brazil's justice ministry has recorded 150 murders per day in Brazil, and the state of Brazil's aviation industry is less than reliable.

Currently it only takes a brief thunderstorm in Sao Paulo to knock out Brazil's domestic air system. Congonhas airport must shut during storms, which has a domino effect.

Two major crashes occurred in the past 13 months:

Gol-In September last year- 155 people died when a Boeing 737-800 operated by domestic company Gol collided with an executive jet

Tam-In July,- 187 people were killed when an Airbus A320 overshot the runway at Congonhas.

President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva is quoted as saying "Our aviation system, in spite of the investments we have made in expansion and modernisation, is passing through difficulties."

Would you go????

Fifa, football's world governing body has awarded the 2014 tournament to Brazil.....a brave move, considering that Brazil's justice ministry has recorded 150 murders per day in Brazil, and the state of Brazil's aviation industry is less than reliable.

Currently it only takes a brief thunderstorm in Sao Paulo to knock out Brazil's domestic air system. Congonhas airport must shut during storms, which has a domino effect.

Two major crashes occurred in the past 13 months:

Gol-In September last year- 155 people died when a Boeing 737-800 operated by domestic company Gol collided with an executive jet

Tam-In July,- 187 people were killed when an Airbus A320 overshot the runway at Congonhas.

President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva is quoted as saying "Our aviation system, in spite of the investments we have made in expansion and modernisation, is passing through difficulties."

Would you go????

I think the murder rate in South Africa is pretty high, so I am not sure if that is anything to go by.

In view of the FIFA rotational system I think that Brazil was the only serious bid from South America for 2014. I must say I would love to go to Brazil, but in view of your stats I will start looking for my passage by sea now.

Although 2014 is a way off yet so things will probably of improved by then

Back