• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worst injury sustained while wathcing Southend.

I got the ball booted in my face , whilst the team was warming up at Leyton Orient a few years back, when we could stand behind the goal. The thing, the ball was booted by a fan as it bounced just in front of me, he swung his leg, scuffed it off the side of his foot ( 5 yards from my face ) and whack, it hit me, busted my nose and broke my glasses - when he swung his footm he also shouted "....'ave it " !!! My old man was wetting him self !!!

haha. I remember that. It wasn't just your old man laughing, either ... !!

I remember an away game at Shrewsbury a few years back; a mate had just started eating a pie as the players were warming up before the match; he lifted it to his mouth for a second bite when a wayward strike from Smokey Forbes struck the pie perfectly, destroying it instantly and spraying the contents up his arms and across his nice white SUFC replica shirt. Of course, camaraderie dictates that one must find this funny - which we did - and we turned to find that Smokey thought it was hilarious as well. Rich didn't ...

My little brother fractured his ribs at Layer Road in October 1971 in the Layer Road end when a huge fight developed between Colchester and Southend fans in those days of non segregation. It was not long after the start of the game, he was only about 13 at the time and got crushed against the perimeter wall as people were massing during the brawl. I had to jump over the wall and help him round to the St Johns ambulance guys who were more interested in the game than helping us! In the end they took him to a little treatment room at the back of the main stand where they dignosed a possible rib fracture, so I had to accompany him to hospital in an ambulance.
We won the game 1-0 with a late goal from Steve Leslie in front of almost 10000 fans, I still complain to him that I missed that winning goal ;)

Many years ago remember celebrating a goal by Nicky Smith at Scarboro and jumped on the fence (ah those were the days) as jumped backed down my hand didnt come with me and tore on the top of the fence - ended up in Scarboro general for stitches and the coach had to wait an hour or 2 to take me back home after the game

I remember an away game at Shrewsbury a few years back; a mate had just started eating a pie as the players were warming up before the match; he lifted it to his mouth for a second bite when a wayward strike from Smokey Forbes struck the pie perfectly, destroying it instantly and spraying the contents up his arms and across his nice white SUFC replica shirt. Of course, camaraderie dictates that one must find this funny - which we did - and we turned to find that Smokey thought it was hilarious as well. Rich didn't ...

Another case where everyone around laughed like drains at the sight. Didn't the Shrewsbury stewards sort him out another pie IIRC?

Only other noticable injury was this season at home to Southampton when Bradders managed to miss from a yard out and cracked me full on in the side of the face with the ball. This was very annoying for two reasons 1) Dad of DtS deflected the ball on to me and 2) It gave Ldn Fatso chance to laugh at me.
Anymore horrific injuries from the SZ faithful. :fart:

Boy i Larfed!!!

Many years ago remember celebrating a goal by Nicky Smith at Scarboro and jumped on the fence (ah those were the days) as jumped backed down my hand didnt come with me and tore on the top of the fence - ended up in Scarboro general for stitches and the coach had to wait an hour or 2 to take me back home after the game

JESUS - I rememer that. I think it first game of the season. You looked in agony. I think I was only 10 or so but I remember I couldnt look.

Truely awful.

:confused:

Reminds me of the Wolves fan that fell through the roof at Scarborough onto the terrace about 20 feet below, I think it as Scarborough's first ever game in the league. Wolves took loads of fans & some got up onto the roof and one fan came down a bit quicker than he went up:hilarious:

I was cutting through an alleyway at the Tottenham game last December and managed to slip in a gully resulting in me bending my ankle to a 90 degree angle and ending flat on my backside. The end result was an ankle swelled up to twice its normal size and totally black from the bruising. It still gives me the odd twinge even now. Never known pain like it.

You recall when the players used to put a ball in the North Bank during the warm up and it was gleefully thrown around........well one day i hadn't noticed it come into the crowd (the had stopped the players from doing it for a couple of games) and a full height throw came from onee end of the NB and hit me flush on the side of the face. I ended up watching the game with blood all over my face from the cuts where my glasses broke and from my mangled nose, with blurred vision from both the bang on the temple and the glasses-less myopia and a splitting headache (the bang on the temple + the added eye strain) Plus 50 quids worth of glasses gone...

Blimey mate, I had forgotten about that. I think the worst thing that happened to me was against Newport, when we had been 2-0 down with about 10/11 minutes left, we eventually won 4-2, when Gerry Fell scored the 4th I was swamped by a mass of bodies and nearly suffocated as a consequence. Happy days!!:D

I remember seeing this as well - no offenece to the bloke involved but i almost ****ing wet myself :hilarious:

None taken mate, if it happended to someone else, I am sure I would have also wet myself. The other funny thing is , that when my Mrs went to work the next day, two guys were laughiong about the incident, not knowing that my Mrs was married to me (ie the victim), she just said she stood there watchjing them laugh and thought it best not to admit who she was, so she just joined in with them laughing !!! Nice touch !!!!

Blimey mate, I had forgotten about that. I think the worst thing that happened to me was against Newport, when we had been 2-0 down with about 10/11 minutes left, we eventually won 4-2, when Gerry Fell scored the 4th I was swamped by a mass of bodies and nearly suffocated as a consequence. Happy days!!:D

last game of one season (Rochdale IIRC) , all on the pitch at the end and i had my wife to be with me, she was behind you as you attempted to climb the wall, unfortunately you got stuck half way over and fell back ....flattened her ! She didn't go to another game (although Bob B's driving back to Billericay may well have contributed)

At my first ever away game at Cheltenham on the last day of the 00/01 season I got trampled by some fat blokes behind me when Mark Rawle scored. I see it now as an initiation.

Back